Susp: Installing front SPC Balljoint camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
    Figured i might bump this thread in case ppl are buying these. Ive had a few guys ask me about them lately and even had 2 order them because of me.

I also have all the pics from my install of the extreme angle kit on my wagon if anyone needs them, ill post pics when i get a few mins
    Yup, I`m 1 of those 2. This will definitely help when it comes time to install my kit. Was shipped and delivered super fast, I still need to go drive and pick it up. Probably on the weekend.

Good stuff Joey, nice write-up. Reps

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Yeaa buddy, no problem glad I could help

8 Accords so far:
      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Quick question, when you pressed it they stayed in right? When i tried pressing mine (used a ball joint press from advance auto instead of a vice) it wouldn't stay in. also how did you align it? I had trouble finding the exact center of the plate.

Mine knocks on moderate to harsh bumps, must've done something wrong

Nice write up btw!
        Last edited by AmznAzn; 03-21-2013, 10:47 PM.

^MRT^

Comment

And people say you cannot replace the upper ball joint w/out replacing the entire arm.

Lol
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

my stock ball joints are just stupid! wont come out for anything with a hammer + pb blaster.

also was it the energy suspension poly bushings you have in your anchors? i got some and am stumped on how to get them in there.
            i took the old center rod out

and thought the rubber was just in the way but when i took most of it out
            i saw that the bushing is bigger than the hole so i thought maybe the metal ring was removable

but its all one piece??

i suck at this

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

nevermind i got it. i dont suck that much

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Reviving this from the dead .. but this is too good of a thread to let die!
                Amazing DIY Joey!

I see 2 different part #s for this product and our vehicles.

#67340 claims a + 1.5 +3.0 degree of adjustment.
                #67145 claims a - 1.5 +1.5 degree of adjustment.

I'm getting wear on the inside of my front drivers side, and a little of the same on the passenger side.

Which part # am I looking to get? I'd assume it's #67340 ..

Thanks you guys!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Anyone? Which Part#? Please?

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                    Reviving this from the dead .. but this is too good of a thread to let die!
                    Amazing DIY Joey!

I see 2 different part #s for this product and our vehicles.

#67340 claims a + 1.5 +3.0 degree of adjustment.
                    #67145 claims a - 1.5 +1.5 degree of adjustment.

I'm getting wear on the inside of my front drivers side, and a little of the same on the passenger side.

Which part # am I looking to get? I'd assume it's #67340 ..

Thanks you guys!
                    You get whichever one you need for your goals. If you can go get the alignment checked to see how far its off thatd help but if your car is at stock height and going to stay that way id just go with the 1.5 degrees of adjustment as I doubt you are off by any more than that. If you want to go low or need the extra camber for a track oriented setup or because thats what the cool kids do now then id say get the 3 degree set.
                    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
                      You get whichever one you need for your goals. If you can go get the alignment checked to see how far its off thatd help but if your car is at stock height and going to stay that way id just go with the 1.5 degrees of adjustment as I doubt you are off by any more than that. If you want to go low or need the extra camber for a track oriented setup or because thats what the cool kids do now then id say get the 3 degree set.
                      Thanks MrT!
                      Ehh, I guess it's my fault for not mentioning the obvious.
                      My wagon is lowered on F&F Type II's, about 2 inches or so.
                      We never installed a camber kit because my last ride had Eibach's with a similar stance,
                      and they hit pretty hard if you hit a decent pot hole.

When we did the coilovers on the wagon, I tried to stay away from that form of camber kit. (anchor)?
                      I'm sitting at almost -3.0 on the driver side, and there is wear on the inside of the tire. Pretty bad.
                      The passenger side seems to be alright .. but not good, and it's sitting at something like -1.2.

So, I guess I'll try these SPC's that I see on eBay ..
                      Any good references from people who have purchased SPC's from eBay.

Comment

Thanks MrT!
                        Ehh, I guess it's my fault for not mentioning the obvious.
                        My wagon is lowered on F&F Type II's, about 2 inches or so.
                        We never installed a camber kit because my last ride had Eibach's with a similar stance,
                        and they hit pretty hard if you hit a decent pot hole.

When we did the coilovers on the wagon, I tried to stay away from that form of camber kit. (anchor)?
                        I'm sitting at almost -3.0 on the driver side, and there is wear on the inside of the tire. Pretty bad.
                        The passenger side seems to be alright .. but not good, and it's sitting at something like -1.2.

So, I guess I'll try these SPC's that I see on eBay ..
                        Any good references from people who have purchased SPC's from eBay.
                        Okay get the 3 degree kit then and make sure you have your toe right as that usually the cause of what people call camber wear. I had the spc kit on my cb set to full negative and it was lowered on konis and skunk2 springs (about -3 on the front) and while the tires didnt wear perfectly evenly they were still normal and ive seen stock cars have worse wear patterns keep the tires rotated and they will be fine. Been doing it ever since on an integra and now a camaro and will be doing it on another cb if I manage to find one clean enough to bother with. I also bought my spcs on ebay and my wicked tuning rear kit as well and had no problems. As long as the seller is high rated youll be fine and ebay protects its buyers well. Now go forth and properly align

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
                          Okay get the 3 degree kit then and make sure you have your toe right as that usually the cause of what people call camber wear. I had the spc kit on my cb set to full negative and it was lowered on konis and skunk2 springs (about -3 on the front) and while the tires didnt wear perfectly evenly they were still normal and ive seen stock cars have worse wear patterns keep the tires rotated and they will be fine. Been doing it ever since on an integra and now a camaro and will be doing it on another cb if I manage to find one clean enough to bother with. I also bought my spcs on ebay and my wicked tuning rear kit as well and had no problems. As long as the seller is high rated youll be fine and ebay protects its buyers well. Now go forth and properly align
                          Thanks MrT!

Yeah, I always buy from a 100% buyer, and one where there's been a ton of the item being bought, and + feedback is very positive.
                          Welp, I know this will fix the camber, but I am not looking forward to hitting when I hit pot-holes.

Thanks again man ...

Comment

Thanks MrT!

Yeah, I always buy from a 100% buyer, and one where there's been a ton of the item being bought, and + feedback is very positive.
                            Welp, I know this will fix the camber, but I am not looking forward to hitting when I hit pot-holes.

Thanks again man ...
                            My car was lower than yours and the kit only hit on the passenger side which the car had been previously hit there... twice. So its not a for sure thing that youll even experience that. Good luck man.

Comment

Bumpin this since i seem to be that "F*cking Doushbag" that constantly points out peoples shitty camber online now a days.. I despise this stupid "Stance" trend everyone's doing now with a passion

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                                my stock ball joints are just stupid! wont come out for anything with a hammer + pb blaster.

also was it the energy suspension poly bushings you have in your anchors? i got some and am stumped on how to get them in there.
                                i took the old center rod out

and thought the rubber was just in the way but when i took most of it out
                                i saw that the bushing is bigger than the hole so i thought maybe the metal ring was removable

but its all one piece??

i suck at this
                                Keep making that cut so you go thru that ring, if you nick the anchor no worries, then take a cold chisel and line it up and you'll be able to get the old bushing surround out. Once u cut thru all the way it might even fall out otherwise once you start to fold in the ring it'll come right out. It's pretty flimsy metal.. then hit up the anchor with sandpaper lube up your bushing and push em in..it help to get both poly pieces in then jam in the bolt guide. Then with a vice give it a squish to get everything seated and centered

Comment

Working...
                                X