Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 engine swap, internal to external dist. help plzz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 engine swap, internal to external dist. help plzz!

hi, i am new to this forum, i recently bought a 91 coupe that needed a motor, so i picked up a f22 from a local junkyard for 450$(i wanted to do an h22 swap that i read about on here but i dont have the time or money, im probly gonna do it in a year or so), anyways, im assuming the f22 i got was out of a 92 or 93 because the distributor has an external coil, the questions i have are, can i put the distributor from the 91 on the new engine, or what would i need to to for that situation? also, the new motor had the wiring harness already on it, and its not beat up, can i use this one or should i put the old one on the new(er) f22 or vice versa, any suggestions or answers are appreciated, thanks

Just take your engine harness and put it on the new engine. Use your old distributor as well.

While the engine is out replace as many seals as you can and do the timing belt with tensioners and a water pump.

What engine code does the new one have stamped on it?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

For your transplant you're going too want to install your 91 distributor and your 91 wiring harness then everything should bolt up or plug in for you
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

ok i appreciate it, all the block has on it is f22a1 and 3664387, that i can see, so i should replace the timing belt tensioners along with the timing belt. i already am replacing clutch, water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, oil, oil filter and maybe plug wires, but i heard stock honda wires are better than any aftermarket wires and as long as they arn't bad dont replace them, is that true? also should i replace the oil in my manual transmission,a little leaked out when i pulled out my cv axles, if so how and what type and how much do i add?by the way i really appreciate the quick responses guys, thanks

Comment

oem spark plug wires FTW. Aftermarket sucks, they always fall apart or pull out of their sockets. If not that then they grip to hard so when you pull it out it rips. I have used oem spark plug wires for at least 200k and saw no issues.

Id replace the tensioner. Your there already

As for the fluid, top it off when your done. You will see how much you may or may not need.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok cool thanks one more thing though, i was trying to get my crank pulley, harmonic balancer, whatever you wanna call it, off of my new engine to get to the timing belt and water pump, but, since the junkyard said the had the motor for about 3 months and it was outside the whole time, the bolt is being stubborn,its a little rusty, i tried hitting it with an impact, but no luck, my impact is pretty cheap, the one on my old engine came off no problem, is there another way to get it off or am i gonna have to rent an impact gun with more balls

Comment

Get some penetrate. Soak it...then...Shove a flat head screw driver into the flex plate through the inspection hole or the starter hole and then get a breaker bar to break the bolt free.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Even then, some are just an absolute pain. If you could rent a 3/4" impact and run it on shop air then that may be your best bet with the engine not being mounted down to anything.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                X