No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa sends out their guns with an extraordinarily ridiculous amount of goop. Try a detail strip & clean. Look for burrs on the barrel and extractor.

Comment

We had a Bersa 380cc that would jam the slide REGULARLY. Ultimately it got to the point where I got tired of messing with it and just left it in the console of my truck. It got stolen on Memorial day when I was in the movie theater watching the garbage Solo movie. They broke two of my windows on my truck and went through everything. Never felt so violated in my life.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Just did a detail strip & clean on my LC9s (which I’ve done many times).

Put it together and racked it to dry fire. No workey on the trigger. Now I can’t even take it back apart to see what’s going on cause you need to dry fire it to release the slide . I have to do this religiously cause it will fail to go back into battery after about 75 rounds which is NOT cool.

I’m sending it out, getting it fixed, selling it, and buying a Glock 43 for my better 3/4’s.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          Just did a detail strip & clean on my LC9s (which I’ve done many times).

Put it together and racked it to dry fire. No workey on the trigger. Now I can’t even take it back apart to see what’s going on cause you need to dry fire it to release the slide . I have to do this religiously cause it will fail to go back into battery after about 75 rounds which is NOT cool.

I’m sending it out, getting it fixed, selling it, and buying a Glock 43 for my better 3/4’s.
          Loggen in just to say whats up, also to say you should look at the American line that Ruger introduced recently as talks sugest that they went after Glock with that line; my pops just purchased a Beretta 92FS a week ago and is very safisfied with it. Might look into a CZ, Ruger or Beretta once i recoup from the ding made by having my fence replaced; as much as i always hated the AR platform because of the fan boys i am drwn to the Beretta ARX . Have a good night fellas!
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I fixed the Ruger, and my wife wanted to keep it so.... I bought myself an M&P Shield 9mm and an Apex Tactical duty/carry trigger. It comes with a new trigger, sear, safety plunger & springs. Going to order Talon grips. Josh had good luck so I figured why not. Might order a TRUE Precision fluted barrel soon too. I’m at my bench now pushing the rear sight so I’ll post pics later.

And if you haven’t - GO VOTE!

Edit:
            I thought the Glock would conceal well, and it just didn’t. Went back to Shield, and I’m just gonna upgrade things I know I don’t like.
            Last edited by F22Chris; 11-07-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Did you install the trigger set yourself? If so how was it? I've been wanting to upgrade mine as well but I've never stripped it that far so I'm a little iffy on the install. I've never looked at the true precision barrels but I bought a TiN coated Blacklist threaded barrel for my shield9 a few months ago and absolutely love it.
              Last edited by bassrock234; 11-10-2018, 04:56 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                Did you install the trigger set yourself? If so how was it? I've been wanting to upgrade mine as well but I've never stripped it that far so I'm a little iffy on the install. I've never looked at the true precision barrels but I bought a TiN coated Blacklist threaded barrel for my shield9 a few months ago and absolutely love it.
                I did it myself. The install is easy given you have punches (steel & brass), and a vise. Took me about 30 minutes to get it all done. I’d say the most difficult part was getting the block/trigger pin back in, and that took like 5 minutes of wiggling around. Most people say removing the rear sight is hard, but it’s really not unless you’re incompetent. I put two pieces of ABS plastic taped onto my vise jaws, pinched the slide not too hard, and whacked that shit off in 3 taps. Just be sure to use a brass punch on the sight so you don’t fuck up the finish. When you put the sight back on, watch the plastic stop under there cause it likes to get wonky. Trigger spring orientation is also important, but I don’t think you’ll have any trouble.

The difference in the trigger great. No hinge take up, no more grit, and the break is less. Less, but still feels in the 5lb+ range so it’s safe for cc. The striker plunger is where most of the goodness is at. It gets rid of all that nasty take up, and the sear helps reduce break.

Here’s the stock plunger. It’s flat faced with a slightly tapered edge.

This is the Apex. Sorry for potato pics, but you can see it’s rounded & polished.

Comment

Working...
                X