Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 swap exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even DC Sports have quality issues sadly. A log of times they will crack where the primaries meet and go from 4 to 2. Greddy would be the better choice, but is MUCH more rare and hard to find now.

Another route (which I went) is to get a Japanese JASMA Spec header for the H. These are much better than most of the bolt on ones available in the US. They actually have a 60mm collector (2.36"). Not quite 2.5, but definitely a nice upgrade over most. Plus they are bolt on, and fit 100%. The Popular brands are FGK, Mugen, and Limit A/X (Tanabe). Quality on these is top notch as well. Prices vary....I picked up my FGK for $130, but I've seen them listed for $350 as well.

There are also some more "performance" header options you can buy new. They will actually make good power, but are not the best quality, and you generally have to modify your subframe to clear the tubes. Look up High End, PLM, 1320, etc.

Lost of different options, just depends on how much you want to spend and how much work you want to do.

Comment

Thanks you guys, so I was planning on sticking with my stock header but it is interesting that the JASMA downpipes come out at 60 mils might be worth it to look into one of those. It would also be easier for me as I don't currently have the flange at the end of my downpipe its just all welded up, so that would be nice to get too. And I want it quieter so I will go with a good size muffler but I probably wont splurge on the world sport haha

Comment

Just be sure to find a true Japanese header (JASMA is kinda like their equivalent to our CARB). There is a cheap crap “JASMA” brand out there that’s basically just overpriced generic garbage.

We’re getting into some money, though. Throw $500 at a muffler shop for something decent. $600 if you pick a good muffler up on your own. The rest of the stuff we’re discussing here could easily top $2000 by the time you’re done! unless you shop smart for a killer deal. They happen.

Comment

Hey All, I know it has been a few years but I am finally getting my Honda out again and need to choose a header haha. I am not trying to go huge on exhaust right now but just want to get a decent header so I can get a CAT in and have a better exhaust welded up. My stock header is already cut and welded and the flexpipe is in real bad shape so I figure it is just easier to buy something new to give me the flange for the CAT. I am not putting this in expecting big HP gains at the moment, just need a clean, non-leaking, safe exhaust. That being said I have no idea where to find them other than ebay or similar. Here are three of the brands you recommended but I don't even know if I trust that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Sports-C...UAAOSwJp5fmJ9F
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/20279588676...0aAipbEALw_wcB
          https://www.ebay.com/p/28017022581

Any opinions? Or if not any reputable shops I could look at to buy something? I could go higher in price than those shown but am not looking for a $2000 dollar header at the moment. Thanks Everyone

Comment

Working...
          X