Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is there any complications with putting 17"s on my stock cb7 coupe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any complications with putting 17"s on my stock cb7 coupe?

I just purchased some 17x7 rims (the offset might be 40) and tires and wanted to know if there would be any complications as far as fitment . I know they fit as far as lug pattern but is there any issues with wheel clearance or anything of that sort that i might have to look out for maybe wheel spacers control arms or anything like that ?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
    Originally posted by deevergote
    it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

u shouldnt have any problems with 17' wheels what size are your tires as long as there not too huge. I have 18' wheels on mine w/40 series tires and im lowered with no wheel problems so you should be good
    what shall not
    kill you shall
    only make you
    STRONGER

Comment

Originally posted by VEGASCOUPE View Post
      u shouldnt have any problems with 17' wheels what size are your tires as long as there not too huge. I have 18' wheels on mine w/40 series tires and im lowered with no wheel problems so you should be good
      Awesome thanks man! im excited im about to resurface them and re paint them !
      it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

Everybody and their moms runs 17's at one point or another. Cats are running 18's with no problems, some even got 20's. You have nothing to trip on.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
          Everybody and their moms runs 17's at one point or another. Cats are running 18's with no problems, some even got 20's. You have nothing to trip on.
          Thanks man will have pics posted soon when i get my new wheel hub and bearings for the front.

Comment

Think the only issue would be if you ran really low or negative offset (40 is fine) then you might have some rubbing issue with the fender lip.

Comment

No prob man it will just ride a little rough.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

tm123 slammed and he ran 17's with no problems
                [IMG][/IMG]

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by I-Deal214 View Post
                  I just purchased some 17x7 rims (the offset might be 40) and tires and wanted to know if there would be any complications as far as fitment . I know they fit as far as lug pattern but is there any issues with wheel clearance or anything of that sort that i might have to look out for maybe wheel spacers control arms or anything like that ?
                  17 inch rims are the optimun size as far as the size to weight ratio. Then go with like a 50 series tire so you dont get a rough ride. I have 18's with 215/35 tires and a 55 offset.. Just took them off tho. Stupid potholes!

Good luck

"Good judgement comes from experience,
                  alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

i love my 17" konigs but dont like the fact that they are white and on a white car any ideas oh the wheels came off almostjdm's car
                    91 Honda Accord LX Rebuild Status
                    06 Nissan 350Z Summer Daily Driver
                    06 Subaru Impreza Winter Daily Driver

Comment

Smokey, what kind of Konigs? The original owner of this site had some 17" Konig Rated Rs on his white EX coupe... looked amazing.

Anyway, on topic... 17 is fine. I've seen up to 19 with no problems. Just make sure the offset is good (40 will work, if that's what it is.) You MIGHT rub when making a very sharp turn, but that will most likely only be on the plastic splash shield under the wheel well... I removed mine.

Comment

Originally posted by VEGASCOUPE View Post
                        how far r u dropped cause im running 18's and want to drop mine

Comment

Originally posted by duckers1074 View Post
                          how far r u dropped cause im running 18's and want to drop mine
                          Im dropped 2" all around on 18's with no rubbing what so ever

"Good judgement comes from experience,
                          alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Working...
                          X