My crappy youtube channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My crappy youtube channel

So lemme explain a little bit about myself first to explain why this channel exists and what its about. So I build random junk out of more junk, just for shits and giggles, really. I used to fit engines to bicycles when I was in highschool, rebuild old snowblower/gokart engines, and there are a few videos on that. Really just tinkering. Most of the videos are just showcasing stupid failed ideas and some successes. I am aware the videos are short and not detailed in the slightest. Everything is very crude, from the content, down to the editing. I dont expect to get many view, but thats not the point of the channel nor why I made it, I couldn't care less about views so much as showcasing intriguing garbage. Also I want to make it clear that I am NOT a furry. Feel free to comment and comment any improvements you think can be made to the machines featured in the videos. as for the crudeness of the editing and other elements, thats not going to change much. Crudeness is kinda my thing.

I do have a video introducing my CB7. I must warn you, there are 3 earrape moments so I recommend not wearing earphones for that one.

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/Amtec26
    CB7 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2UN6rwZ-NU
    A Video of my beloved EF Sedan (RIP):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuxLo9Er_8I

Betty and Betzi died for our sins

I've thought about starting a channel, just because of how profitable it can be, but I wouldn't have much in the way of content for a while. Everyone starts somewhere, but I'd rather get straight into making quality material that people would actually want to watch. Velocity Labs is a prime example of that; he's got better content and editing than a lot of much more successful channels, but he's still pretty low on subscribers. Maybe one day when the wagon's driving and I get into track days at the local road courses.

Good luck with your projects!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      I've thought about starting a channel, just because of how profitable it can be, but I wouldn't have much in the way of content for a while. Everyone starts somewhere, but I'd rather get straight into making quality material that people would actually want to watch. Velocity Labs is a prime example of that; he's got better content and editing than a lot of much more successful channels, but he's still pretty low on subscribers. Maybe one day when the wagon's driving and I get into track days at the local road courses.

Good luck with your projects!
      It can indeed be quite profitable! Nowadays the youtube "market" is quite saturated and its much harder to stick out from the rest (i.e. If you try making a minecraft lets play channel, dont expect fame anytime soon)

Its still possible though!

Comment

I've got mine setup to generate revenue. YouTube partner, adsense, monetizing etc. I've made about $75 over the past 3 or 4 years. When you get a video featured is when you start rolling in some dough. I've only had one video featured and I guess it's somewhat random when it happens. And it may only be featured for a little while.

Anyhow, you don't get paid until you reach $100. You get paid $100 at a time. Pretty cool to make your first $100. I'm kinda excited to be so close. Maybe by the end of this year I will see a deposit.

Comment

These days everyone and their gradma has a youtube channel, so much that it's a turn off for me. I don't even look. I stick with professional channels like Horsepower TV or racing channels. Especially since everything is click bait now. The video is titled "modified E32 burnout" and the video is 20min long with a 5 second burnout somewhere in there......

Nevermind the videos that show a preview picture that is not in the video. It's all crap.

Comment

No kidding, I get sick of click-bait. I don't care about your dumb vlog, I wanna see this friggin turbo go kart driving!
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              No kidding, I get sick of click-bait. I don't care about your dumb vlog, I wanna see this friggin turbo go kart driving!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNo4zKcQMCI

Comment

Oh god
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                    Ya, click baits are the worst. I was almost even into Haggard Garage for a bit. But then realized there are thousands out there like them and decided to stick to the professionals. The fact that kids are using youtube $ to go out and buy a expensive vehicle and take it to prom, just for more click bait = more money (jealous maybe, but more wtf is this shit)

Yep. First thing I do is skip 30 seconds into the video. I immediately close the video if:

- you have a picture of a girl with boobs hanging out for preview picture
                    - you have ads every 30sec (yes i have ad block)
                    - you are sitting there talking for an extended period of time
                    - you have a million sponsors to mention

So Op, just my opinion. When you said "I am aware the videos are short and not detailed in the slightest." , great! Keep them short. Keep them on point! I think viewers love short and sweet with vids! Intro's, don't need them. Let the viewer figure it out. Did something complex, leave them guessing.

Example: Nothing worse than a car repair video where the guy actually has 5min of him removing a tire. Seriously not needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X