Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this isn't an original idea but I like the style, I couldn't decide between the two.

Comment

I prefer the first because you have more even light, and better coverage.

John Zhang is a master at light painting. He's a hell of a nice guy to boot.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
          I prefer the first because you have more even light, and better coverage.

John Zhang is a master at light painting. He's a hell of a nice guy to boot.
          That guy does awesome work. I didn't know pro photographers did light writing.

Comment

To me, light painting and composite stitching is similar when it comes to the end product. Stitching is something that most professionals take as an art.

Comment

Read Gainsford, probably one of the nicest guys I've ever been around.

Comment

That reflection is very clear. Nice one.

I went to a weekly car show saturday night.

Comment

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Surfing eBay and looking at brochures of our cars and saw a logo I liked.

Thought I'd try it out on one of my images ..
                    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Bokeh?

Comment

/\ I like that a lot, great picture man.

Did a couple of quick shoots with these guys, and I think they came out well. Let me know what you think!

edit: re-hosted on flickr, \/\/posted down there \/\/
                        Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
                          That reflection is very clear. Nice one.

I went to a weekly car show saturday night.

My only recommendation - adjust your white balance prior to actually shooting. The yellow tint really distracts from what are otherwise really quality shots.
                          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                          Short ram intake
                          Tenrai Himoto catback
                          Smashed front end
                          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai View Post
                            My only recommendation - adjust your white balance prior to actually shooting. The yellow tint really distracts from what are otherwise really quality shots.
                            I did adjust my white balance to incandescent lights, and I tried auto. Those settings didn't make a huge difference. I got impatient when I tried to fix the yellow tint in lightroom. The two pics that are in black and white looked stupid in yellow. That was my solution.

steelbluesleepR I like the shots of the integra the lighting was done well. Seems less sharp than they should be though. Also more light on the rims would be good. You used off camera flashes right?

Comment

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
                              I did adjust my white balance to incandescent lights, and I tried auto. Those settings didn't make a huge difference. I got impatient when I tried to fix the yellow tint in lightroom. The two pics that are in black and white looked stupid in yellow. That was my solution.

steelbluesleepR I like the shots of the integra the lighting was done well. Seems less sharp than they should be though. Also more light on the rims would be good. You used off camera flashes right?
                              if your camera can do a custom white balance, just take a picture of a white piece of paper or a white car, then set that as your white balance. those are not incandescent lights, they are high-pressure sodium, and put off a very different color temperature light.

as for the pictures, i'm going to repost them here, re-hosted on flickr and makes it look a lot better. the wheels are flat black, so its hard to get enough light on them to even notice

link to my flickr

Originally posted by Camurai View Post
                              please dont quote all the pictures, its unnecessary.
                              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                                if your camera can do a custom white balance, just take a picture of a white piece of paper or a white car, then set that as your white balance. those are not incandescent lights, they are high-pressure sodium, and put off a very different color temperature light.

as for the pictures, i'm going to repost them here, re-hosted on flickr and makes it look a lot better. the wheels are flat black, so its hard to get enough light on them to even notice
                                What a difference the hosting site made. Your pictures look way better now.

Thanks for the advice on the custom white balance. I havn't tried that yet. I'll be going to the same location saturday, we'll see how different the lights look. I really hate those yellow lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X