Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
    Sweet baby jesus I need more 7.62 in my life
    I have 4 guns in the AK family lolz, 2 WASR's, the Krink and Draco. I should really do a family photo at some point ha. I have a lot more that I didn't list, I have so many I can't keep track of them all. I just listed the ones I baby the most lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      Big fan of the M1A! I've been wanting to get one.
      My current list:
      Stevens 320 Security
      Mosin Nagant
      Marlin Glenfield Model 70
      Mossberg MMR AR-15
      Taurus Slim 9mm
      Springfield XD-M .40 4.5"
      Savage 110 FCP HS-Precision .338 Lapua

I graduate in 72 days and I'm going to start loading up a bit more when I actually have a decent income. I really want the Rock Island 10mm. I think that will be my next one and then I can start knocking the rest of them off the list!
      I've been thinking about getting that Savage you have, how is it? I had one of their shotguns and hated the thing, but I heard their bolt guns aren't bad. And yes, if you ever have the money, do get the M1A. Worth every penny.

Comment

Mine is shooting 3" groups at 500 yards with factory ammo and the last time I went out was with some new reloads of mine. All three rounds made one hole at 100 yards. I measured 0.3" which is 0.3 MOA so I'd say that's arguably competitive lol. We'll see when I take it out a bit further.

The Stevens shotgun is actually a Savage and I haven't been able to get it to mess up. Shoots everything and it was 200 dollars.

My dad has about 45 guns and he has an M1A. He likes the long barrel, but I want the Socom.

The only 7.62 I have is the Mosin and of course I have about 1000 AP rounds for it lol.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
          Mine is shooting 3" groups at 500 yards with factory ammo and the last time I went out was with some new reloads of mine. All three rounds made one hole at 100 yards. I measured 0.3" which is 0.3 MOA so I'd say that's arguably competitive lol. We'll see when I take it out a bit further.
          Not bad at all, Savage seems to have some pretty decent bolt models unfortunately I don't know all that much about them. I was thinking of getting Ruger's Scout Rifle (.308) but it's inconvenient for me that it only shoots the civilian load instead of the military loads. Civilian designated ammo is pricey in my area, really pricey. I really just want a designated scout-like rifle, the M1A Socom II is just babied way too much to be committed to it, it's like my child I'm protective over it lolz. That and my AK x). I have a Remington .270 but it's too much a hunting type gun for me, The Remington 700 looks nice because of how much customization you can pull off but damn some of the chassis's I picked out for it are hitting almost $2k :o

Comment

Had it for a few weeks now, but AR500 concealment vest. Rated to stop a .308 without failure. Though I have seen quite a few videos of a .338 Lapua hitting it without penetration, just some massive deformation. Broken bones for sure, but better than a grapefruit sized hole in your chest. Spall resistant coating to keep spall (fragmentation) out of the neck and limbs. Front and rear plate curved plates. Also has removable side pouches for side trauma plates. Designed to be worn under clothes for concealment. They had a 15% off sale, so it was kind of an impulse buy lol.

Comment

I have a few old military plates. Two extra large and a medium. I will say, I tested the medium black plate. Seemed to be made of kevlar and ceramic, not a steel one. It took a 7.62x39 first with no issues, very little deformation on the inside, took it like a champ. Right after, I hit it with a .308 and the thing did back flips through the woods. The two layers of the plate separated (which it wasn't in a vest so it'll be a little different then.) The 308 put a HUGE dent in it. Broken ribs for sure, but, you won't have a hot piece of lead in you.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Since we're on the subject

Love the surefire helmet light with molle mount. Pretty bright little thing.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

AR500 steel is some crazy stuff, you should look into. 7.62x39 doesn't even chip the spall coating let alone cause any deformation. The plates are only 70 dollars at they're 7lbs each. I wouldn't test ceramic plates, they're kind of a one and done thing. Keep them good until you need them. I'll get a molle operator carrier next time they have a sell. They come with a bunch of goodies and plates for a very affordable price.

You wouldn't believe me, nut a local place had the 97 dollar Surefire GX2 Pros for 39.99! My roomate and I bought all of them haha. Sold them on eBay for 70 dollars. I have one mounted on my shotgun. I've been wanting a helmet light though...

Comment

I got my carrier from a surplus store near fort Stewart (if you've heard of it, home of the 3rd id) I think I paid around $80 for it. The plates I got free, perks of the job hahaha. I've heard of those steel plates. 7 lbs ain't to bad either. Seems like that's lighter than my ceramic ones but then again, mine are extra large. Great coverage but a little awkward when shouldering a rifle.

The helmet light rules. Don't remember what I paid but I got it new off ebay. Two different colors, 3 brightness levels of each. Super easy to swap between the vest mount and the helmet mount too.

Last edited by bassrock234; 03-07-2014, 01:19 AM.

Comment

So I decided I had to test it... I haven't seen any videos of people actually testing the armor and giving feedback. I apologize for my gelatinous ass btw, I've haven't seen myself on camera since I gained a bunch of weight!

Comment

Thats the best sales pitch ever. How'd it feel? How tight was your ass before the shot hit? Hahaha I've been tempted to test mine the same way, but I can't bring my self to actually do it.

Comment

Felt about the same as having a pan on my stomach and hitting it with a spatula. I felt the impact, but nothing else. I was nervous, but not worried. My roommate and I are pretty good shots.

Comment

nice lineup you have militiamaiden. and you from vt?
                            back at it again

Comment

Did you really just let your friend shoot you.
                              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

That's faith in your equipment and friends right there. How deep in did the round go? How do you think it'd perform with say a .40 or .45? As for rifles they're rated for up to .223 I'm assuming?

Comment

Working...
                                X