1990 Accord Factory Service manual, First Edition vs. Second Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Accord Factory Service manual, First Edition vs. Second Edition

What's the difference between the First Edition and Second Edition of the 1990 Accord Factory Service Manuals?

I currently have the First Edition, 1266 pages, digitally @ 64MB, like most of us here. I'm looking to buy a physical one, Second Edition @ 1086 pages, scan it with a high resolution scanner because the current manual available online, the First Edition @ 1266 pages @ 64MB is missing a lot of pages and a lot of pages are scrambled and put it up for download on cb7tuner.com because the current manual is a nightmare when you're trying to look for something...

Because the Second Edition has 180 pages less, I was wondering whether anyone knew the main differences between the two?

To my knowledge, multiple editions exist to get rid of mistakes. There's no way there can be 180 pages worth of mistakes, right? Bit much...

I wasn't aware that a Second edition existed, I've only had paper copies of the First... I'm curious to hear the differences, or if I can help in some way let me know. Perhaps they just consolidated things to save pages (and cost)?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That's exactly what I thought, too. Mistakes and basically compressing the book.

Here it is.

Also thanks for your help! You're definitely getting a copy, lol.

Comment

I have a 2nd edition in pretty good shape. Never had a first so I can't compare. Mostly I use my 93 manual, which by now is well used.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You can download the first edition here if you're interested/want to compare. Please let us know if you do compare them!

Comment

Working...
          X