Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooo nice!

Comment

Interesting that it has 2 resonators in the piping already. A shorter one and a longer one. Most likely to try and keep the droning down. What is the pipe size?
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Looking good. For the price you can't get much better. I don't know how they manage to sell it for the price they do.
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          oooo nice!

Shinny parts on an old beater.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Interesting that it has 2 resonators in the piping already. A shorter one and a longer one. Most likely to try and keep the droning down. What is the pipe size?
          Checking for you... I'm getting between 2-5/16" & 2-3/8".

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
          Looking good. For the price you can't get much better. I don't know how they manage to sell it for the price they do.
          I feel like I got a good buy. Kinda anxious to hear how it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            I'm getting between 2-5/16" & 2-3/8".
            According to the information on this exhaust, it's got 60mm OD piping, which is roughly 2-3/8".

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
              According to the information on this exhaust, it's got 60mm OD piping, which is roughly 2-3/8".
              I was measuring ID. So it's every bit of 2-3/8" OD. And the piping is thicker than any eBay piping I've previously owned. Significantly thicker. Just stating that for comparison.

Comment

The factory catalytic converter is bolted to the downpipe via three splined bolts or studs that are installed into the catalytic converter flange forward facing.

I need to make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow morning to pick up three bolts, nuts and washers. Then the exhaust system and catalytic converter will be ready to install.

Also, this car has a hitch that came on the car when I bought it. The hitch is designed around the exhaust. I've taken this into consideration and don't think it will pose an issue. But it's something to consider none the less.

Comment

The exhaust is going on tomorrow. I've picked up some grade 8 nuts and bolts.

I noticed today that the driver side lower ball joint needs replaced. I figured it would need replaced soon as I just replaced the passenger side lower ball joint a couple months ago. So I will be replacing that soon as well.

Comment

Well, I got everything set up to remove the factory cat and exhaust to find out that the Bosal downpipe I installed from RockAuto just last year is the culprit. The flex joint is coming apart and causing the rather large exhaust leak.

So to anyone out there who may be in need of a replacement downpipe, don't go with Bosal. It's junk.

Since my original plans are foiled and I'm $400+ into this deal I'm going to go with a DC sports header. That will have to wait a while until I have the funds. Not that big of a deal.

Comment

That sucks... I have heard of this happening with aftermarket OEM components. The fitment may be OEM but the quality is usually far from it. As long as you were able to fix the leak for now, then that gives you the time to time to save up.

Comment

I got unlucky. I won't buy that component again. But I'm not going OEM or die because of it. My car isn't worth it.

I remember when everyone would stick their noses in the air in disgust when someone would so much as use an aftermarket distributor cap on their rusted out $300 tax return sedan. Ah... the good ole days.

Comment

The DC Sports header is on the way should be here Monday. So... so far I've spent just under $700 for an exhaust system...

I have to deal with extending the wires for the O2 sensor. Kind of a pain but whatever.

I bought an OEM front lower ball joint as well. It too will be here Monday.

Comment

I disliked the Bosal the first time I bought one (for an EX). It didn't fit well and the tubing was small and thin walled. I returned it and bought one from Walker - much more like OEM.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Mine was rusted out from the salt I presume. After one winter.

I thought about getting a different downpipe but the studs were a pain the first go around. And the nuts were also pretty corroded. Being as everything will be new I'm hoping it takes less time.

Comment

I need an oxygen sensor socket. So I'll have to get one.

I also don't know about extending the wires for the oxygen sensor. I'm not fond of that. I have messed with oxygen sensor wires years ago and recall them being nickel plated. I have also found extension harnesses on Amazon. I'm undecided on how I want to tackle this issue.

The valve lash still needs done. And I still need a torque wrench. And... the OEM lower tube seals. I want to tackle this soon as well. I bought the valve lash tool months ago but nothing else. I could also install new spark plugs at this time as well. It's been quite a while.

Since I've sunk so much in a new and complete high quality exhaust system I'm wanting to make it a bit more worth it in a sense. Kind of tidy up some loose ends.

It needs the fuel filter changed. Since I have acquired a new Fram.

So... some things to come next week. Kind of excited. I don't know what to expect of the exhaust system. I'm anxious to see how it sounds and fit's together.

Comment

Working...
                                X