INT : DIY plastic polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG
    Jack lee, you have brought a smile to my face. that looks good, i'm impressed. did you do the whole trim piece? later.
    you Smile really means something to me,TypeG...i appreciate that.

i didn't do the whole piece cos i'm no experience on rough surfaces and some places cracked while i was trying to took them off.

so,i just make a mirror finished on those smooth surfaces.but i do polish the rough surfaces to make it shine all the time,just didn't make it smooth.

-My Member Ride thread-
    -JL store-

Comment

Good job Jack, looks cun

very lansi

u shud do my rims.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

i did my seat-back handles, my coin tray, and my ashtray. i tried the center console, but it looks like crap because it's all wavy (i rushed it).

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

steelbluesleepR...mind to show up some pic?
          -My Member Ride thread-
          -JL store-

Comment

one more question TypeG..

Can i polish the plastic inside the engine bay?eg.radiator fan,intake,etc.
            These plastic seem different with the hard plastic inside the car.

Thank you.
            -My Member Ride thread-
            -JL store-

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_lee
              one more question TypeG..

Can i polish the plastic inside the engine bay?eg.radiator fan,intake,etc.
              These plastic seem different with the hard plastic inside the car.

Thank you.
              the only plastic piece i polished under the hood was the black wire cover that hides the wires for the fuel injectors. i polished it with using plastic polish only. no sanding was needed.

i think that the intake air box and the rad shroud might be to soft of a plastic to polish, but you could always test it out in an inconspicuous area first. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

for some reason when i just put some plastic polish on plastic and rub it with some lil foam type thing it ends up looking the same.and ideas on how to make it shiny?

Comment

keep rubbing. a lot. then do it some more.

use a terry cloth to rub it with, then remove with a microfiber cloth.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                    keep rubbing. a lot. then do it some more.

use a terry cloth to rub it with, then remove with a microfiber cloth.
                    ok thanks i just need to buy those cuz i dont think i have any lol.well i bought mothers mag and aluminum too

Comment

I wanted to polish up a set of fogs i got at the junkyard, I have no polishing tools, what would be good for me to get to polish up the fogs (1990/91 accord). From what I read, so far you have said maq/alum polished followed by plastic polish. They have a few deep scrapes, but overall good shape. I dont think they will needed be sanded but if i did what would be a good grit to get?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
                        for some reason when i just put some plastic polish on plastic and rub it with some lil foam type thing it ends up looking the same.and ideas on how to make it shiny?
                        What i used to polish my meter area is...
                        gently sand it with 1500 grid sandpaper and polish them with cotton polish towel.

that's all,hope i can help.
                        -My Member Ride thread-
                        -JL store-

Comment

DEEEEEYUM! this restores it like it's right off the dealer tahahaha nice write up sheeit! I gotsta do this someday...you think i can do this within 2 days? Considering i work and have 2 days off i mean.

btw...when i mean THIS within 2 days...yeah i meant Blinkers, headlights, interior plastics, and etc...basically this whole forum tahah...i would think i can do this in 2 days depending on waking up hella early to do so..and that's with all materials acquired already...not that i do have em already...just in theory.
                          Last edited by Djmoua; 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM.

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

in 2 days? no. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Ah...I still remember sanding through the black into the grey on my dash trim...

and I remember wetsanding, and getting the black liquid on that red shirt I was wearing (pictured in the first post in this thread)

man, good times. haha

Comment

Not plastic or glass, but I decided to polish a GenIII iPod my mother gave me for free. She got it for $50 when she bought her laptop 4 years ago and never used it. It's been banging around inside a drawer ever since. A little Mag & Aluminum polish, a little PlastX polish and VOILA!

To:

Granted, it's not perfect, but this was about 10 minutes worth of work with just polish. I didn't want to take sandpaper to it to remove the deeper scratches.
                                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                                Short ram intake
                                Tenrai Himoto catback
                                Smashed front end
                                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                                X