Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a/c not working.. just blows hot air :\?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a/c not working.. just blows hot air :\?

my 1993 LX doesn't blow cold air.. AT ALL. It just blows hot air no matter what. wtf

Originally posted by JACCORD01 View Post
    my 1993 LX doesn't blow cold air.. AT ALL. It just blows hot air no matter what. wtf
    So are you asking why it only blows hot air??? Could be numerous things, is the compressor even kicking on? Has it worked before?

Comment

I have no idea.. ive only started driving it a year ago, other than that it sat in my garage for years and before that it was my grandpa's.. but since ive been driving it it hasn't. Im not really sure how to run a diagnostic on this. I just want my damn thing to blow cold air again!

Comment

I have no idea.. ive only started driving it a year ago, other than that it sat in my garage for years and before that it was my grandpa's.. but since ive been driving it it hasn't. Im not really sure how to run a diagnostic on this. I just want my damn thing to blow cold air again!
        Start the car, turn the ac on, pop the hood and see it the clutch on the front of the ac pully is turning. If not get a gauge and see what its reading!

Comment

Originally posted by life_shift
          id toss the whole unit unless you need the aircon ahah buh you will lose 80lbs off the cb7 taking the whole unit out
          I dont think he would want to try and fix it if he was going to ditch the whole system...

Comment

Originally posted by southsidecb7z View Post
            I dont think he would want to try and fix it if he was going to ditch the whole system...
            LOL the is cute, yeah i dont think im looking for weight reduction, i just want it to blow cold air.. hate driving my girlfriend around in it during the summer when the AC doesnt work! its horrible and embarrasing haha

Comment

Probably needs a recharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Samonoske View Post
                He dont know what he needs yet...have you checked to see if the compressor is kicking on? Checked the pressure in the system. You have to check these things, were not just gonna show up and repair it for you lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Samonoske View Post
                  hmm, wonder if its illegal now though?

Comment

He dont know what he needs yet...have you checked to see if the compressor is kicking on? Checked the pressure in the system. You have to check these things, were not just gonna show up and repair it for you lol.

ill check that in a bit and report back, lol i wish you would

Comment

hmm, wonder if its illegal now though?
                      Is it still r12? If so then you have some work to do!

Comment

prolly, its completely stock.. 1993 :o

Comment

Is it still r12? If so then you have some work to do!
                          idk, but in my car i just threw some 134 in it, and started to blow cold, i guess i have a major leak in the system though cuz the cold only lasted two days, lol anyone got any ideas??

Comment

Well I just went through a major A/C ordeal and wasted a ton of money… so here's my advice.

- Go to a garage and get a cheapie retrofit done. Should be about $50-60 total. Talk 'em down if you can, else call another garage. The cost is marginally more than buying the DIY kit. The DIY kit I got was defective and useless.

- Have them add UV die along with the retrofit oil.

- If you have a leak, the die will tell you where. Then you get to decide whether to fix it or forget it.

- I had two leaks: a bad low-pressure valve and a pinhole in the condenser. Attempting to patch the condenser only made it worse, so now I need a new one. For now, I'm forgetting about it.

Comment

my a/c the passenger side is blowing COLD air but the other 3 blows hot .
                              i fill it with freon but still not cold WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X