No announcement yet.

EXT: HELLA air horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys know what the tone rating is for your horns?

I love the Ferrari-esque sound of my twin air horns...

I'll have to snap a couple pics of mine just to add to the collection... then someone needs to get the triple horn kit and it will be complete...

They are fun though eh?

It's nice to have them when a huuuuge SUV starts creeping into your lanes and highly amusing to see them jerk the wheel back into their own lane once you hit the horn...

and not to mention the freaked out look on little miss soccer moms face...

hehehehehheheheheheh...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ

It's nice to have them when a huuuuge SUV starts creeping into your lanes and highly amusing to see them jerk the wheel back into their own lane once you hit the horn...

and not to mention the freaked out look on little miss soccer moms face...

hehehehehheheheheheh...

Do you guys know what the tone rating is for your horns?

I wouldn't know Ever since they have been installed, I have yet to come across a situation where someone deserved to be blasted by the horns. It's unreal! When I didn't have working horns, people would jaywalk, run red lights, come into my lane, you name it. But now, nothing!!!! I guess they are good preventative insurance, since nothing has happened, and it's been nearly a month already. I love "testing" them in parking garages and tunnels. The sound just reverberates all over the place hehehe

My horns are 300hz and 500hz, accordztech's are 400hz and 500hz. Neither sound italian since they are not airhorns. I do like the sound of them though. It's definately loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
        I wouldn't know Ever since they have been installed, I have yet to come across a situation where someone deserved to be blasted by the horns. It's unreal! When I didn't have working horns, people would jaywalk, run red lights, come into my lane, you name it. But now, nothing!!!! I guess they are good preventative insurance, since nothing has happened, and it's been nearly a month already. I love "testing" them in parking garages and tunnels. The sound just reverberates all over the place hehehe

My horns are 300hz and 500hz, accordztech's are 400hz and 500hz. Neither sound italian since they are not airhorns. I do like the sound of them though. It's definately loud.
        lol...

I know how you feel... I was using them all the time...even when I didn't need to...

between accelerating to hear my exhaust and honking the horn...people in parking garages must have thought I was some sort of freak...

If memory serves me right the dual air horns come in somewhere in the high 700hz for the long one and low 800 range for the short one...

EDIT: According to rallylights.com the Hella dual air horns are 795Hz for the long horn & 840Hz for the short horn... I was pretty close though..
        Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 04-05-2005, 03:28 PM.
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

This is one of the dumbest fads to come around in a while.
          -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
            Air horns? I don't see any air horns...

Where is the compressor?
            Ztech & Prez's horns are both electric...just like stock horns... Mine air air horns complete with seperate compressor...

Originally posted by Bluejayde
            It's not really a fad... it's not that popular of a mod IMO...

but it beats the stock roadrunner meep meep horn by a mile...if you've ever laid on the stock horn and some jackass didn't hear it and then seen the reaction you get from the louder aftermarket horns you'd probably say something different...

and plus... it's subjective... a rustang guy might say that modding hondas is the dumbest fad to come along... know what I mean...

Thanks fer yer input...
            Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 04-05-2005, 05:10 PM.
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

In CA the vehicle code requires that your horn must be heard from at least 200 ft. away. The sound however must not be unreasonably loud. Neither mine nor Accordztechs horns are unreasonablly loud, just louder than stock. If anything, the stupid fad is soccermoms driving SUV's like they are driving smaller cars, and also people talking on their cellphones that stop paying attention to traffic conditions.

Comment

I just feel that it's pretty ridiculous and ricey. Making your horn EXTRA loud so everyone can hear it is the same as painting your car BRIGHT yellow so everyone sees you. Sorry if I offended you, it's only my opinion, it can't hurt you unless you let it.
                -Jay

Comment

I just feel that it's pretty ridiculous and ricey. Making your horn EXTRA loud so everyone can hear it is the same as painting your car BRIGHT yellow so everyone sees you. Sorry if I offended you, it's only my opinion, it can't hurt you unless you let it.
                  It didn't offend me at all...

Tell yourself whatever you want to... use whatever rationale you like...

I find your reasoning ridiculous... why bother making your car faster or other things like changing bulbs to get a brighter output...

The thing that annoyed me was your simple uninormed, unqualified opinion... at least qualify it a bit...

This was a safety issue for me since I didn't have a horn prior to installing these due to my aftermarket steering wheel on my 92... and it was a hell of a lot easier than pulling apart the SRS loom and tracking doen the horn wires...which didn't work out so well...

I agree with Prez tho... The dual air horns demand immediate attention... unlike the stock roadrunner horn...
                  RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

you should make a seccond spot for a louder horn and hook up a switch to cross over to it if someone dosent get your point with the first honk

like so...

YOU: honk! (loud)
                    Driver: fuck you buddy
                    YOU: "flips the switch for D-day horn" , and HOOOOONNNNNKKKKK!!!!
                    Driver: gets scared shitless when the windows shatter.. and he runs of the road..

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
                      you should make a seccond spot for a louder horn and hook up a switch to cross over to it if someone dosent get your point with the first honk

like so...

Driver: gets scared shitless when the windows shatter.. and he runs of the road..
                      You can actuallu do that if you like...

Hella even provides wiring diagrams for doing it that way...
                      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r

like so...

**Warning** sound clips are LOUD
                        these for the standard horn (115dB):

sound clip
                        or:
                        duel air horns (118dB)

sound clip

D-Day horn Cannon Ball Express Train Horn (152dB):

sound clip
                        ~~~~~~~

Comment

Seriously.,.. i mean... GOD... its ..... its,its just so big... i dont think that it will fit.... god thats a big one.... wooo...wee

Comment

Here's a good example of what the Hella air horns sound like...inside of a garage anyways...

Click Here.... Not my clip though

and another one...

Not mine either...but I love the echo...
                            Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 04-05-2005, 09:53 PM.
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Speaking of horns anyone interested in some hadley bully horns if you are just shoot me a pm they have brand new compressor and tank

Comment

Hadley = good schtuff...
                                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Working...
                                X