EXT: Rear Fog Install / Rear Bumper Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accrdkid
    This is a real nice writeup although, has anyone tried wiring it to a switch?

I have a relay and a toggle switch that I'm going to attempt to wire up to be able to switch it on and off. I kinda wish I had the European center console in my Gen5. It has the hole for the fog switch.
    I put my on a switch with a relay!!! Come out nice!!! I like it
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

has anyone tried wiring it to the Oem front foglight switch? so when u turn on ur front fogs they all turn on?

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
      I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean-CB7
        has anyone tried wiring it to the Oem front foglight switch? so when u turn on ur front fogs they all turn on?
        I just put an inline fuse to my front fogs power wire so when i hit the fog light button they come one
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i dont get what is so difficult about wiring them up? if you have a relay you dont have to hook up to any of the factory wiring, you an make your own switch.

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

Man how thick is the Fiberglass rebar on the 4th gens. I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out what else I can use to speed up the install on my 5G.

I have a dremel but it doesn't do squat. It will cut but it takes so damn long.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
              Man how thick is the Fiberglass rebar on the 4th gens. I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out what else I can use to speed up the install on my 5G.

I have a dremel but it doesn't do squat. It will cut but it takes so damn long.
              lets just say i had a drill and a jig saw and it took me an hour o get that little hole
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                lets just say i had a drill and a jig saw and it took me an hour o get that little hole
                Yeah I just bought a reciprocating saw..solved my problem in about 15 minutes

Now on to the wiring... will update in an hour or so.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

its easy just tap into your front fogs, but make sure you have an in line fuse. (if you have front fogs)

Thats what I did and it works fine everytime

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                    its easy just tap into your front fogs, but make sure you have an in line fuse. (if you have front fogs)

Thats what I did and it works fine everytime
                    I have EK style fogs but I'm going to be ditching those and going back to stock.

I had a hard enough time trying to fit them in there in the first place.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

Adding a bit to it this is from Team-Integra.net ...

The best advice I can give you is to take off the rear bumper. There will be a reinforcement bar there. Before you cut the bumper, you have to figure out if you want to keep the bar or go without it which is the easier route but the reinforcement bar is there for a reason (impact on aciddents). If you decide to keep the bar, this is the hard part. You need a grinder for metal, time, and patience.

You have to measure where its flat on the rear bumper and mount it there. But again before cutting the bumper, measure the part on the reinforcement bar. Theres a part where its very hard to cut on the bar. My friend just got lucky when he did it that he was able to cut the bar to fit the light. Also I didnt use the big bracket since it wont fit at all. Thats another reason.
                      After cutting, it should look like this. Another thing, the paint can chip when you cut it since it the bumper bends, so be careful (unless you are going to get it repainted).

After estimating where to cut the hole on the bumper, time to cut the support:

The back part mounted on the bumper and electrical stuff wrapped in plastic (just in case the rain or water down the road)

After the install and mounted:

Sorry this is from my sidekick 2 back then. Hope this helps you out!

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                        Adding a bit to it this is from Team-Integra.net ...
                        Nice!!!
                        Accord Of The Month January 09
                        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Damn the teg looks nice with that rear fog...welcome to the club....lol
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

DAMN! thats hott, well i'mma try to find some but its hard to get any for the CD5/7. I might just get the BBs(prelude) and custom fit it. Nice Job btw. Oh yeah, and i also wonder if they make the outline on our CD5 Rear Bumper too??

JDM CD5s In Thailand. Look at those Rear Fogs & Rear Wiper, nice as hell.
                            Last edited by nusdogg; 05-01-2008, 07:47 PM.

Originally posted by toycar
                            Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Originally posted by nusdogg
                              DAMN! thats hott, well i'mma try to find some but its hard to get any for the CD5/7. I might just get the BBs(prelude) and custom fit it. Nice Job btw. Oh yeah, and i also wonder if they make the outline on our CD5 Rear Bumper too??

thanks..
                              accord, civic, prelude rear fogs are all the same. except for the mounting brackets which can easily be MacGyvered.. don't quote me but yea, i do believe CD5's got the outlines..

Comment

Nice write up.
                                South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

Working...
                                X