Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done

Comment

mannn that looks really nice on your car.

Comment

hey guys i just got done with my antennae install and i found all the parts locally here really easy if anyone wants one of these made up as a kit i can make it for you and ill charge the same as the other guy was 20.00 shipped let me know you probably can get the antennae cheaper yourself as my dealer charged 25.00 for his anyways just email me and give me your info or send me a money order and ill get one sent out to you thx guys ray.
        heres my email addy.rayray_369@hotmail.com
        raymond gongaware
        3170 cedar springs ln.
        prescott valley a.z.
        hope this helps some of you out thx ray.
        im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
        93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

I'm having some major issues w/reception lately. Anyone got any insight on this one?
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

just make sure everything's tightened i suppose.

Comment

make sure the wire didnt break in the middle of the coax its very small and brreaks easy otherwise mine has been working great.
              im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
              93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
              90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
              91 se accord 4 door SOLD
              92 lx accord coupe SOLD
              93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
              92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
              93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
              92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
                make sure the wire didnt break in the middle of the coax its very small and brreaks easy otherwise mine has been working great.
                I'm not using coax cable, I am using stereo wire. But before you say stereo wire might be the problem, it worked all along just fine. Recently, it's been really shitty, and I have No clue as to why, everyone elses reception around me is clear. It's all tight underneath, and I'm still clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                  I'm not using coax cable, I am using stereo wire. But before you say stereo wire might be the problem, it worked all along just fine. Recently, it's been really shitty, and I have No clue as to why, everyone elses reception around me is clear. It's all tight underneath, and I'm still clueless.
                  might be that the stereo wire is crimped? Did it happen at a certain time?

I have yet to get my antenna hooked up.. its only installed. so I dont really know what else i can think of.

Comment

whats the easiest way to hook the antenna up to the actual car stereo? for now i plan on installing it, and hopefully making the wire that connects to the stereo at a later date. I just don't know a cost effective way of making the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
                      might be that the stereo wire is crimped? Did it happen at a certain time?

I have yet to get my antenna hooked up.. its only installed. so I dont really know what else i can think of.
                      What do you mean the stereo wire is crimped? Thnx.

Comment

Antennas are looking good guys, glad to see you all enjoyed my idea and my how-to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                          What do you mean the stereo wire is crimped? Thnx.
                          like, im assuming that you wired it all the way from the headunit? So, if you had to wire it through a door or something, maybe the door (or some other object) but some wear on the wire and took the insulation off or something? Long shot..

Comment

can i get the dc2 installation kit from an acura dealer?

Comment

nice DIY! good job!
                              "
                              Fast and cheap won't be reliable
                              Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                              And fast and reliable won't be cheap
                              "
                              ~EYCEE~

Comment

Originally posted by AccordRacer106
                                can i get the dc2 installation kit from an acura dealer?
                                as far as i know, im pretty sure that the kit is just some simple home depot parts that a guy packaged together to sell as a kit.

There really is no need to get a kit, everything i used was just the mast itself from honda, and the rest of the parts i found at home depot.

As far as that PVC pipe, and cutting it, you dont even need to do that. The stock antenna has a piece almost identical to it that will come off easily, so I just used that in its place. Works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X