F22Chris : 1991 VW Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. Good that everyone is okay.

I'm getting a little mad. Alternator went out again. I have a warranty so whatever, but it left me stranded today. Got it jumped, and it only puts out 12.5-12.6v. Got home, and went to lock the door, and the tumbler broke.. And it was raining.

Blagarabblerabbffgrgded.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Thanks man. Good that everyone is okay.

I'm getting a little mad. Alternator went out again. I have a warranty so whatever, but it left me stranded today. Got it jumped, and it only puts out 12.5-12.6v. Got home, and went to lock the door, and the tumbler broke.. And it was raining.

Blagarabblerabbffgrgded.
      Yeah life reminds me of Murphy's law; everything than can go wrong will go wrong. I got fined today for speeding up to allow a lady to switch lanes as i first slowed down to do so but so did she, we got down to 30MPH and she just wouldn't do so, as i sped up the salesman got me; 45mph in a 40.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Five over!? Are you freaking kidding me? I'd be very upset at that. The rule here is the limit plus five unless you're in Avondale Estates.

Anyway.. The sky cleared up this afternoon so I got another alternator, and fixed the lock. Gave me a chance to use the Haitachi 18v impact I just got to replace my Makita. It's fine so far. It's a bit Weaker though.

Comment

Five over!? Are you freaking kidding me? I'd be very upset at that. The rule here is the limit plus five unless you're in Avondale Estates.

Anyway.. The sky cleared up this afternoon so I got another alternator, and fixed the lock. Gave me a chance to use the Haitachi 18v impact I just got to replace my Makita. It's fine so far. It's a bit Weaker though.
          I purchased a chicago pneumatic impact and have my dad's old craftsman but my compressor is too small to operate them; thought of a electric but i had my doubts so i went pneumatic. Im upset but mostly because it happened trying to help a sorry driver out, i now get to sit thru defensive driving.

Good to hear that Chris, parts store quality has declined fast, had Autozone starter go bad in 6 months and the replacement lasted a week .Hopefully you have better luck than me, by the way how did the house hunting go?

Comment

It's going pretty well. We found some areas we like, but it's not worth looking to buy yet. The turn over rate is so fast there everything will be sold by December. It would be wiser to wait till we're about to move to actually buy.

Comment

Yeah, the city is growing at a ridiculous rate; Highway 290 and 45 are both getting an extra lane on both directions.

Comment

Alternator went bad again. Well, the brushes went bad, so I replaced the regulator. 14.03v now.

Annoying thing is..... Now the starter went out. No high resistance in the wires, and all good clean connections. Battery works fine every time in the Scirocco. I r ded.

Comment

Got a new battery, and replaced the starter bushing in the transmission. Starter was fine, it was just getting stuck in an ovals shaped copper bushing. I replaced the passenger side hub/bearing assembly as it started to make a weird chirping sound. You know the squeaky bed sound TV shows use when a kid hears his parents going at it hard? Well.. wheel bearings can make that same noise! Super embarrassing.

I also had to replace the passenger brake line. I ran the coilovers at the lowest setting and rubbed through a line that I recently replaced, lol.

Rear driver door handle broke on me too. I don't care enough right now to mess with it. This thing is bumming me out.

On a side note, there's a $57 bearing pull/install tool kit on eBay. It made the work stupid fast. Literally had the bearing out and in, in less than 15 minutes.

Comment

Got a new battery, and replaced the starter bushing in the transmission. Starter was fine, it was just getting stuck in an ovals shaped copper bushing. I replaced the passenger side hub/bearing assembly as it started to make a weird chirping sound. You know the squeaky bed sound TV shows use when a kid hears his parents going at it hard? Well.. wheel bearings can make that same noise! Super embarrassing.

I also had to replace the passenger brake line. I ran the coilovers at the lowest setting and rubbed through a line that I recently replaced, lol.

Rear driver door handle broke on me too. I don't care enough right now to mess with it. This thing is bumming me out.

On a side note, there's a $57 bearing pull/install tool kit on eBay. It made the work stupid fast. Literally had the bearing out and in, in less than 15 minutes.
                    Rubbing through brake lines is one of my biggest fears. Glad it didn't go south quick.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Me too! Luckily it happened to give out 15ft from my house. I just had to use the hand brake to stop in my circle.

I was driving the scirocco as a daily driver for a while. I am so close to figuring out what the problem is with the high RPM miss.

Comment

I never ought I'd say this but I love those hubcaps

Do you have any close ups of them?

Comment

Mm I have them somewhere in the shop.. They're called Hella Aero hubcaps. They were one of the options they offered back when rally turbo aero style wheels were popular. I wonder if they're worth something nowadays..

Comment

Mm I have them somewhere in the shop.. They're called Hella Aero hubcaps. They were one of the options they offered back when rally turbo aero style wheels were popular. I wonder if they're worth something nowadays..
                            I looked them up, they are still FS for around $100 IIRC so I'd say that's a good starting point. Do they require "steelie" style wheels or do they mount on aftermarket wheels aswell?

*edit, they're on sale for $35*
                            Last edited by Bunta; 08-31-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Jeez...I feel your pain man.
                              I just had to buy a new set of wheels because one of mine decided to crack, the set was cheaper than getting it repaired. The set I bought was already repaired for cracks...f these wheels.

I had to buy new tires because of run-flat damage...

My alternator went out yesterday...No auto store in GA had that special Bosch, oval pin alt...I had to order it from FCP Euro...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                                Jeez...I feel your pain man.
                                I just had to buy a new set of wheels because one of mine decided to crack, the set was cheaper than getting it repaired. The set I bought was already repaired for cracks...f these wheels.

I had to buy new tires because of run-flat damage...

My alternator went out yesterday...No auto store in GA had that special Bosch, oval pin alt...I had to order it from FCP Euro...
                                Might be worth a PAP trip, dude. I saw a couple 46's last I went. Be good to have some spare parts on tap. Staggered Bimmer wheels are NOT cheap either.

Comment

Working...
                                X