not much power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much power

What are some cheap/easy ways to restore power to the car?

Not too sure how to describe the power issue I'm having other than pushing the gas pedal doesn't do a whole lot other than make more noise. After about 20% there's really no need to push it harder. This results in of course a 0-60 time of about ... well a full minute and a lot of middle fingers on the highway on ramp.

I feel like the bare basics of what makes the engine work , like air/fuel must have the wrong mixture. it does do that thing where when you first turn it on it revs up and down and usually I can make it stop doing that by playing with the plastic screw thing under the hood.

get a good tune up (fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, seafoam, etc) and see if that helps things. It really sounds like it's getting choked somewhere. If it isn't any of that, your cat might be clogged.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      get a good tune up (fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, seafoam, etc) and see if that helps things. It really sounds like it's getting choked somewhere. If it isn't any of that, your cat might be clogged.
      well in the past I've found typical tuneups didn't help at all , I know it does have newish spark plug items and filters everywhere and I ran seafoam through he tank recently.

I know the cat isn't clogged as it doesn't have one lol.

Comment

Do you know the general health of your engine? Checked the compression? Sure your cam is timed correctly? Are your valves adjusted correctly? Even with new plugs, how good is the distributor? Is that timed correctly? The surging idle is the leaking through the Fast Idle Thermal Valve (FITV): replace the internal seal on the piston: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206012
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-11-2017, 10:10 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X