Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

interchangeable seats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interchangeable seats???

What up peeps. Have a 1992 honda accord ex 5 speed coupe. Luckily for me my interior is mostly one piece. But I will/ want to do a rehaul job on it but for now lets talk sets) i cant remeber if these are all ready bucket seat which maybe are as its a smaller 2 door coupe but not exactly as fresh as other honda oem seats. Something more sporty like from a acura and what not. These aren't electric seats so I'm guessing Id have to put not electric seat back in. Any one have prior knowledge to help a brother out ???? Both can't for get the back seats where all the magic happens XD

You can install electric seats if you want to wire them in. It would require a fair amount of electrical knowledge to do it right and not risk burning your car up... but it can definitely be done.

Anyway, nothing is going to bolt directly in. Most will require custom modification to fit. Others, such as BB6 Prelude and Acura CL seats can be done with minor modifications. You want to be sure whatever seats you install are bolted down very securely at all 4 corners, or you could be in serious trouble in an accident!

There are quite a few threads on the topic on here, though many of them are missing pictures, sadly. Here are a couple that I found (by Googling "CB7tuner seat swap")

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155532

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=128339

Comment

I can only speak directly to the CL (specifically 1999) seats. I was able to bolt a front pair from a 2.3 CL into my 93 SE. With the seat in position, I tilted it forward to easily get front bolts in, then let it down and was able to install the rear bolts without modification.

I did not purchase/attempt to install the rear seat cushions.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...9&postcount=18
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Nicely done on the leather seats. Really dope af... I am pretty tech savvy but hate to burn my car downXD. not sure if I want to put that much time in on this accord as I decided not to mod it as much as I originally planned. With that said i saw the post whatshisface put with the dude who did the teg leather looking seats and well they lok like just what I was looking for. The black would look sick with the cooler scheme I'm aiming for ...

With that said i have to change the whole inside from the blue interior to mostly black... can I ghetto rig it with just dying that cloth fabric black lol like tie dye t-shirts y'allming[yallmean] also save me from having to clean out alotta those mystery stains.... lol

Comment

Black interior pieces: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204332

Black Carpet: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...6&postcount=24
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-30-2017, 11:17 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I completely forgot about the CL seats!

Many people have had poor experiences with dying seat fabric. It can most certainly be done, and done well, but your results can vary depending on the product, the process, and your ability to do it correctly.
            Another option is to have the seats reupholstered. That's pretty pricey, though. That would yield the best result, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7Legend2017 View Post
              What up peeps. Have a 1992 honda accord ex 5 speed coupe. Luckily for me my interior is mostly one piece. But I will/ want to do a rehaul job on it but for now lets talk sets) i cant remeber if these are all ready bucket seat which maybe are as its a smaller 2 door coupe but not exactly as fresh as other honda oem seats. Something more sporty like from a acura and what not. These aren't electric seats so I'm guessing Id have to put not electric seat back in. Any one have prior knowledge to help a brother out ???? Both can't for get the back seats where all the magic happens XD
              I put in my 92ex 02TL front & rear seats

Comment

Did all points bolt up directly?

Comment

No on the front or the backs. I had to modify the body of the car to accept the back seats in my sedan. Also I was beginning to work on the fronts, and some sort of solution is needed for the feet. I didn't spend enough time working on it to come up with a solution, so the seats are put up on a loft for the time being. It is not a bolt in affair.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

That's what I feared. Bummer.

I believe the best option in many cases is to just have the CB's rails attached to the bottom of the new seat. That will eliminate some power options, most likely, which is unfortunate. But if the proper rails are securely attached (welded, ideally), it would probably be as safe and functional as the original seats.

Comment

Although now I have a set of '03 CL Type S seats and they have the same exact attachment points as the '99-'03 TL seats. I think I'm just going to focus on the feet instead of the entire rails, I'd like to keep the power functions. I just need to pickup the garage a bit to have the room to pull those seats down and work on them.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Power seats are easy to wire, take a power wire about 10 gauge fused at 25 or 30 amps, run that to a relay, have the relay get triggered by your empty slots in your fuse box, the ignition one. Run the output of the relay to the seat and ground the seat and youre done.

I have a 93 SE and I wanted power seats but I was NOT going to lose that wonderful, magnificent, luxurious arm rest on the stock seat.

When I make my ride page Ill show yall some stuff. I may have a one off joint in my car.

You'll see

Comment

Oh, you mean the ol' full-size van armrest> That thing left a long time ago. Sure, it's functional. But it's the dweebiest looking thing in the car.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That van armrest and leathers is what separates the kiddos from the big boys. I just made it that much more luxurious in my CB, youll see. Gotta load pics onto photobucket first.

And in my opinion the goofiest looking thing on the car is the too tall auto shifter and the too large and bulbous rear speaker covers.

Comment

I am rocking 01 accord leathers in mine fully wired on the diver side. I ran an inline fuse from the power seat plug in in the fuse box, through the fire wall grommet to the driver side. Wired the seat in to the power, and grounded it under the carpet. Pretty easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X