EXT: HELLA air horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: HELLA air horns

this isnt really a DIY, but it helps when you guys mount them to actually show ok places to put these little loud boogers.

i got these horns from ebay for like 20 bucks. They are really loud and really fun! Me and prez has a set but he has the more expensive and bigger ones. these are rated at 115 DB...

i rigged these up by just tapping the stock wiring and running all the stock horns and these aftermarket horns.

see the red little things, thats where i mounted them...

this is the first mount on passenger side, i used the little screw on the headlight.

drivers side is a bit ghetto rigged, i could of put it somewhere else like by the washer fluid but i ran out of extra wire =)

and there we go, when someone cuts me off...instead of the finger they get the horn, and trust me they always look for the train!!

hehe i hooked it up and people down my block heard it clearly...its a heart stopper...people did move for me! haha...

...oh yes i did use 16 guage speaker wire and wrapped it in electrical tape, its ok to use it, as long as you secure your connections...i solderd all of my connections.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

I need those!
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

post a clip i wanna hear what the sound like. ive been wanting to get some just havent heard how loud they are

7TH SIGN

BUDDAHA"S FAMILY
      FREE T.E.M.P.O

Comment

looks like fun lol. i don't think i've honked my horn at anyone in like a year

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsign
          post a clip i wanna hear what the sound like. ive been wanting to get some just havent heard how loud they are
          its hard to get a sound clip cuase in real life it dont sound the same, but trust me its all worth the money and it IS LOUD
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

more horns:
            http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm
            Pep boys has the two and three tone horns in stock
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

good luck squeezing in air horns if the car already had oem fogs

Comment

yo i would be careful with that horn mounted on the driver side. the wind will cause it to rattle around and it may get damaged. you will need to strap it down tight. just a heads up for ya! they look good and i bet the sound better as well.

my buddy hooked up an air horn made for big rigs on his ride. i know what you mean when you say LOUD! haha
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

id rather rev than honk...honking in america seem to get people all riled up...
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                    yo i would be careful with that horn mounted on the driver side. the wind will cause it to rattle around and it may get damaged. you will need to strap it down tight. just a heads up for ya! they look good and i bet the sound better as well.

my buddy hooked up an air horn made for big rigs on his ride. i know what you mean when you say LOUD! haha
                    good tip, its pretty secure...zip ties hehehe...i had one just hanging there a while back, no damage but this time i pushed it up against the wall and the sides...for now ill deal with it

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Just whoring thru...

Pics of my horns:

This pic shows where the horns finally were mounted. They peek through the front grill a little bit... but it's not too obvious.

Comment

where is the stock horn?? ( i havent really looked for it) can someone show me a pic
                        thanks guyz
                        btw that horn is gangsta!
                        The Car

Comment

Originally posted by jus_business932
                          where is the stock horn?? ( i havent really looked for it) can someone show me a pic
                          thanks guyz
                          btw that horn is gangsta!
                          they are located exactly where the hella horns were mounted in prez's first pic.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hehe that is me in the second picture of prez's pics

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              hehe that is me in the second picture of prez's pics

haha cheech

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Working...
                              X