Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12gage
    Just did it. Took me 5 min. after reading the post. Nice DIY
    how much longer of a bolt did u use,and did u use 1 or 2 of the mounting holes?
    Freedom Is Not Free
    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Thinking about doing this i really dont like the way it looks but i need a little more clearance over my mani because my wastegate it tapping my hood. so its luv the wedge look or luv the dent in my hood. Can anyone confrim if they are gaining any room over the header mani area from this mod? i dont need much maybe 1/2 max. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112

good question cause thats what i wanna know
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
          They were only about a qyarter inch longer and i ghettotized it by using different washers on each side but i made sure it was the same height on both sides. And yes i used all 4 holes.
          Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
          Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
          Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
          Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
          Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Did this mod to my car too... love the way it looks. I've had no problems with it either, besides my hood doesn't close every time. It needs a little faness sometimes... but that might be because my car was not aligned properly after an accident.
            FYI... didn't really read any previous posts...

Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
            Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
            Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMHondaGuy
              Did this mod to my car too... love the way it looks. I've had no problems with it either, besides my hood doesn't close every time. It needs a little faness sometimes... but that might be because my car was not aligned properly after an accident.
              FYI... didn't really read any previous posts...

your car is so sick dude
              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
              NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                your car is so sick dude
                thanks...
                Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
                Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
                Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

Just another trend imo. Looks like you got in a wreck and replaced the front-end and your hood doesn't line up anymore. I could maybe see the gains from this, but "lowering engine bay temps" shouldn't be that important, especialy on a stockish car. In a turbo aplication, the fight against heat is a big deal and this could be worth while.

Comment

damn i never knew my thread got a 5star rating.. thanks guys.. its been a while since i saw this i thought it was gone lol.. and just to count how many cars i did that to and including my dad loving the idea and him doing it to his other cars i did this to 3cbs, 2das, b15sentra, ek civic, db1 sedan, ae82 corolla, and my dad did it to my grandpfathers dodge caravan lol i dont kno why haha.. and im still using skateboard bearings on my cb now.. well thanks again guys
                    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
                    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
                    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

Oh and if u see my mrt.. my hood sits real high.. thats because i only stacked one of two bolts ob each side and 2sb bearings on each
                      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

Originally posted by 1990ex View Post
                        your Car Is So Sick Dude
                        1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

here's another way -
                          i went to the hardware store and bought longer bolts and 2 nuts for each bolt. put the bolt therough the holes and tighten a nut almost all the way down. then put the second nut about halfway down each bolt. put the hood on and screw the bolt in a few turns, like 4-5 threads. then tighten the lower nut down and the upper nut up. the height is easily adjustable via the locking nuts. let me kno if u want a picture
                          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                          The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

wow thats a cool idea too.. adjustable hood risers like coilovers lol haha nice work man
                            MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO View Post
                              EDIT:
                              it also depends how high u put it.. the one on my sig was my old height.. then i raised it.. u can see the difference between the one my sig and the pic i posted on this thread
                              :facepalm: This started as a fad... People with "fast" cars did this and now everyone thinks their F22 needs it...

EGs and EKs with H22s needed this space for clearance issues and most people thought it was "cool" and copied it... I dont know all the swaps that require this gapping but I can assure you the "performance" gains of doing this do not equal the net loss to your car...

Comment

This has been 1 of my fav. simple mods for a long time, I have a 1" standoff using 1" OD walnut, yes, wood, turned on the lathe, then painted black. I wanted a large base instead of narrow nylon sleeves from the hardware store. I do know that idling in traffic or just cooling down during the summer, heat pours out the back. Plus, my Bisimoto header comes sorta close to the hood skin, the hood gets warm, so creating more of a gap and venting heat is a good thing. Stock Hondas run hot IMO, between this and my other cooling system mods, I am very pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X