No announcement yet.

EXT: Front Lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the great diy only took me about ten minutes.i love it it got me to not buy a mugen lip.....

Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

u guys think you can double on it?? what i mean like to make the lip fatter??? and maybe a rear lip too would be great....someone do that

Comment

that looks way better than i ever thought a lip from home depot could look.

i know you said it's soft and flexable, so i wondered if it flaps in the wind. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
          outstanding creativity

Like he/she said. Think Ima gonna do on my 91 DA...
          RETIRED...

Comment

i havent seen it move in the face of the ridiculous wind gusts we had the other day(i.e. our tool shed got flipped over and uprooted) so i dont think that driving would cause it to bend in like crazy or anything. ill get a friend to look next time we go somewhere. and i keep thinking about how i could double it up, but i just dont see it happening. i also keep thinking about putting it on the rear and sides, but if the front wont be as low, i dont see the point.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I installed the 'chessboxer diy lip' earlier this week and I love it! It's so stock looking. It is pretty flexible, but firm enough that it doesn't flap around.

See my newest post in my members ride thread.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

dude thats soooooo creative looks soooo stock or maybe even better than stock lol. nobody will be able to tell if its stock or diy
                lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                check out my mr thread
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

heh, i just walked out side and looked at the front lip on the corvette, and it's made out of the same sort of flexible material. a rubbery material like this one. from me.

it's also on the cadillac.

Comment

That is sweet, looks just like an OE lip!!
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i did something like this earlier except i used the carpet lining thing, i thinkg its the same material but iono want me to post pics??

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                        u guys think you can double on it?? what i mean like to make the lip fatter??? and maybe a rear lip too would be great....someone do that
                        u should give it a shot. . use some bondo or fiberglass to fill in the cracks! then paint it.. i think it would be pretty dope.

GJ on the DIY, i like it!
                        -:¦:-
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                          heh, i just walked out side and looked at the front lip on the corvette, and it's made out of the same sort of flexible material. a rubbery material like this one. from me.

it's also on the cadillac.
                          does this mean i can say i have a custom corvette or cadillac lip?
                          i keed i keed.
                          and to everyone else
                          POST PICS OR BAN!!!!!11!!1
                          well, post pics please, and i wont imaginary chessboxer ban you.
                          please?
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

If i wanted to paint it, would the paint stick well enough to it? thinking about doing it and painting it white with my car when it gets sprayed soon

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
                              If i wanted to paint it, would the paint stick well enough to it? thinking about doing it and painting it white with my car when it gets sprayed soon
                              give it some sand paper abrasions, , then primer it.. plastic primer that is. . paint it then clear coat it. .. ok maybe not clear coat it .. but maybe u can keep using white primer.. and as it chips put more? lol
                              Rubber is a tricky thing to paint.
                              -:¦:-
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
                                u should give it a shot. . use some bondo or fiberglass to fill in the cracks! then paint it.. i think it would be pretty dope.

GJ on the DIY, i like it!
                                the bondo would crack b/c it's too flexible. I've actually almost completed a 5th gen rear lip conversion, but an accident I've had messed up the bumper a little more than I wanna live with, so will be starting over

I don't see this working on our stock sideskirts, because they are too rounded out and it'd look weird. Perfect for front and rear though. Probably the solution to an easy rear lip for our cars
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                                X