No announcement yet.

EXT: Blackout headlights + install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just be real careful wit the glass their brittle, and i dont advise oven heating
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
      just be real careful wit the glass their brittle, and i dont advise oven heating

225 F for 12 minutes each (wet newspaper over the top of each headlight assembly) Worked great for me!!
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I just did mine this weekend and I love them.
        I sealed them extra good too, b/c NC has a bad humidity problem.
        It was raining tonight and they were crystal clear and pimpin'
        Good DIY
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
        My (old) Ride

Comment

I just blackhoused one of my spare headlights and i accidently hit my reflector with some overspray that didnt dry...is there anyway to remove it without screwing up the reflector, paint thinner could take off chrome on the reflector, should i go with something acetone based, or nail polish remover?

Addition: I just took some non Acetone nail polish remover and carefully and quickly removed the paint....and i just yellowed my highbeam....i didnt mask that well so the lines arent great but its good for me, on the passenger side when i blackhouse that one im going to really take my time and do it right...It still looks ok though.

For the record the process I went through was 225 with wet packing paper on top, 12 min total cooking time, came off no prob, Used Hightemp engine paint w/ceramics and krylon stained glass paint. In 30 min ill find out how well it worked out....The next step is to touch up and sand the lens so it looks alot better...
          Last edited by Half-Pint; 06-29-2006, 10:20 AM.
          JustBlaze

Comment

Fyi

The pics on the 1st page, 1st post are going to be down for a while until I get another service host. They'll be back ASAP.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

i got one question, if we paint the inside like you and then paint the lens smoke black will we get good light still. (question regarding the use of halogens and hids)
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

anyone know another diy i can find on this or at elast see the pictures that used to be hosted for this one??

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

yo, pics dont work

Comment

damn why none of the blackhouse diy's pics work anymore lol

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                      The pics on the 1st page, 1st post are going to be down for a while until I get another service host. They'll be back ASAP.
                      he told you that the pics were gonna be down...reading PWNS some of you
                      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

why do people always reply to things and try to clown people for not readin whose gonna read 60+ posts about "oh they look nice" or "what did you use" mind ya business and dont speak unless spoken to or unless you have something meaningfull to say!!!!

Ride List
                        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                        2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem
                          why do people always reply to things and try to clown people for not readin whose gonna read 60+ posts about "oh they look nice" or "what did you use" mind ya business and dont speak unless spoken to or unless you have something meaningfull to say!!!!
                          it was 3posts above yours..anyway I'm starting this project today...wish me luck guys
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                            it was 3posts above yours..anyway I'm starting this project today...wish me luck guys
                            Good Luck and dont forget tha pixures...

Comment

can you put the headlights in the oven with the brackets on them or do you need to take them off?

Comment

lol, is no one doing the DIY blackhousing anymore?

If anyone reads this tho, are these DIY-blackhoused lights legal in CA?

Comment

Working...
                                X