Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Problem Bleeding Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Bleeding Brakes

Changed my front rotors and calipers, so I went to bleed the brakes today. Used the vacuum pump one man method and that sucked, so I got a friend to come over and work the pedal for me. The driver's side bled fine, got a nice flow of break fluid with no air bubbles. Then moved on to the passenger side, and all I get is air. Not only that, but the fluid level in the reservoir doesn't change at all, not even the slightest bit. I siphoned the fluid out of the reservoir and took it off, but couldn't find anything blocking flow.

So...anyone have ideas for why the passenger side doesn't seem to be pulling/pushing brake fluid and why the level doesn't change in the MC reservoir?

As a side note, everything worked prior to all of my screwing around, stuff was just worn / old.

First, I would check that there are no restrictions in the line going to the passenger side caliper. You might also have a problem with the caliper too, so what you can try is disconnect the caliper banjo bolt and have some one press the pedal while you try getting just straight fluid into a container. Basically bypassing the caliper.

Thats all I can think of right now...good luck!

Comment

We already tried bypassing the caliper, only air was coming out of the brake line...but there is fluid in the caliper now which had to come from somewhere. I've checked the brake line and haven't found any kinks, leaks, etc.

I'm gonna attempt bleeding the passenger side again now that I've played around with the reservoir in hopes that maybe it solves things. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

well I ran out of time to fix things myself, so it went to the shop, and apparently they didn't have any problems bleeding the system. Apparently I just suck.

Comment

sometimes hyd. brakes can be a pain...once I spent more than half a day at work and about a gallon of fluid trying to bleed a pathfinder...little did i know it had a fifth bleeder screw that was out of plain view...I like Air Brakes much better....
          "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
          ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
          US Navy Electrician
          Contact me if you need help on the side.
          '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
          '01 Civic LX
          '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Working...
          X