No announcement yet.

LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in az are you? I'd love to check this car out in person im in showlow az....
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
      Where in az are you? I'd love to check this car out in person im in showlow az....
      I used to be in AZ, but now I'm in MI...hopefully not for too long though...not really enjoying it out here that much.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Picked up some ARE 398 3 Piece Wheels over the weekend

I was browsing FB marketplace like I usually do for deals and found these original ARE 398 3 piece wheels for sale. I looked into it, and they matched my bolt pattern, even better! Looked into it further and the fitment and specs were spot on too, without me having to roll fenders or do some crazy camber to fit, so I made the trip to Toledo, OH and picked them up.

So far it looks like one wheel is missing a valvestem and these are really tiny 6mm ones, so I luckily found some on Summitracing made by Weld Racing and those are on order.

Also got some Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires for the quiet cruising nature of them. So those will be mounted soon after the valvestems arrive.

For the most part, they're pretty clean, lips are polished, with the exception of one that could use some light polishing to look good as new.

I'm excited to have a 3 piece high quality wheel made in Japan on my car for that period correct look.

Here they are:

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Just a October Update - AREs mounted and installed!

I got the new wheels mounted a few months back. Initially I couldn't get them to fit onto my CL-S brakes without using a 3mm spacer. I cruised around like that for a day or two until they were vibrating like crazy.

I opted to "downgrade" the rotor size to a Legend GS/LS 6spd front rotor, still plenty beefy enough at 30mm thick but just 11.1" in diameter instead of 11.8". I honestly can't feel the difference in stopping power but they are about 2lbs lighter so that helps with acceleration.

Here are some pics of the AREs mounted up!

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

excellent style choice! they look great on there, and I like the center caps.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I was a little skeptical about how those wheels would look on your car, but after seeing these pictures, they really fit the car very well. Kudos.

Comment

I'm in the opposite corner. Loved the look and quality of the wheels, but after seeing them on the car not a fan. But to each their own and they look amazing too! If you are happy that is all that matters! Looking at the closeup pics of the rims not sure I'd trust any tire shop with those

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                  I was a little skeptical about how those wheels would look on your car, but after seeing these pictures, they really fit the car very well. Kudos.
                  Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  I'm in the opposite corner. Loved the look and quality of the wheels, but after seeing them on the car not a fan. But to each their own and they look amazing too! If you are happy that is all that matters! Looking at the closeup pics of the rims not sure I'd trust any tire shop with those
                  I'm hot and cold on them at the moment. I like the look of them sometimes but I'm having issues with two tires losing air every few days which could be attributed to the performance type valvestems on there.

They're good for car shows and stuff though, but I still prefer my 17" OZ F1 cups since they've got the SuperSports on there.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                  X