Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Total noob installing a system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure what they found was the problem....if i had seen this sooner my first suggestion (if the unit powers up but no sound) would be to hit the reset. we see alot of kenwoods needing a hard reset done straight out of the box.
    SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

update

So the problem was the factory wiring harness. After running my own constant the head unit powered up. I got a test light and it was hit or miss on the contant working or not. The other problem that I ran into was my speakers grounding out. I ran new wire to all of them and it solved the issue until it started to rain, ( got water in my doors, my weather stripping needs to be replaced.) My cross over boxes got wet and sound would start to cut out again. I mounted the crossover boxes inside and ran all the wires through the door.

Thanks to all those that gave imput and helped a stubborn noob figure it out.
      Last edited by docscb7; 04-09-2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

HARDINTHEPAINT your sig= FUCKING WINNING!!!!!

Comment

Now for tuning the sound

Now that I have everything in working order, how should i go about tuning my system so that it can sound the best it possibly can?

Comment

Working...
          X