Help with body repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with body repair

My girl needs a new car, were going from a coupe to a sedan. She wants a cb and we came across a clean 91 that was in a wreck. The driver was t-boned on the drivers side damaging the side pillar between the doors, their issuance totaled the car. My questions are, is this fixable with out taking awake from the safety of the car? Meaning will it weaken the strength of the body?

I would be very leary of a car that was T boned. Photos would help. Are you sure it is just the pillar (and doors I assume) that were damaged? If the rest of the body isn't straight you are asking for a lifetime of ill fitting doors and worn tires. If you plan to pay someone to fix it, it can get expensive in a hurry. Unless I was an experienced body/structural guy, I would keep searching for a clean AND straight one; there are still plenty out there.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Id say walk away.
      An accident like that is alot of force on a uni body car. It will never be straight again.
      Remember this is your GIRLFRIENDS car, not your ex girlfriends car.

Comment

It would be hard to fix but more importantly if its really bent up it would mess with the alignment.

Comment

That's what I feared, well at least ill have a great parts car! My cb is long over do for some tlc.
          Thanks for the help!

Comment

In reality, anything can be fixed. Body man once told me this.
            But you want a car with a clean title, especially if it`s for your GF.
            Last car you want is one with a rebuilt title.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Working...
            X