Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

One of the Best Ways to GET YOUR TRIM BLACK!!!! AND STAY BLACK!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the Best Ways to GET YOUR TRIM BLACK!!!! AND STAY BLACK!!

So I asked the experts at Griots garage what i should do about my faded and dried waxed covered side moldings, they said use this |
    |
    |
    V

and then put a couple of coats on and you don't have to wipe it up at all and it only goes on the trim and doesn't hurt the paint. but wear gloves because it is alcohol based.

and then once that has dried. and everything seems to look clean then use this
    |
    |
    |
    V

and to put that ^^^^^^ on i used this.

BEFORE

AFTER

also midway through the process i happened to look in my mirror and i was shocked to see a FLIPPING BEEHIVE and AN ALIVE HONY BEE IN THERE!!! LIKE WTF!!

i just used some really good stuff at a car wash called black jack or something like that and it has last a couple days. i even used it on my dash, but its too shiny, made my buttons look polished! pics of the tires?

Comment

Awsome I ws about to paint them after this rain. But now I want to try this. How long should irt last though aproximately?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

After you clean them, use a heat gun to make them even darker. and I assume this will last until you re wax the car? Maybe try to be careful around the moldings, or even tape them up to avoid getting wax on it?

Comment

I was really surprised by that heat gun trick!

You can also use Meguiars Back To Black.

Comment

I actually used back to black and it didn't work at all on my trim. Idk why. And i haven't due the tires yet. I have to do the rest of my trim first. But yeah i was going to paint it too but i though i might give this a try first. And yes, next time i will be ALOT more careful about the waxing haha.

Comment

I use back to black and it works until it rains. So... Yah. Thats why I asked

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                So I asked the experts at Griots garage what i should do about my faded and dried waxed covered side moldings, they said use this |
                |
                |
                V

and then put a couple of coats on and you don't have to wipe it up at all and it only goes on the trim and doesn't hurt the paint. but wear gloves because it is alcohol based.

and then once that has dried. and everything seems to look clean then use this
                |
                |
                |
                V

and to put that ^^^^^^ on i used this.

BEFORE

AFTER

also midway through the process i happened to look in my mirror and i was shocked to see a FLIPPING BEEHIVE and AN ALIVE HONY BEE IN THERE!!! LIKE WTF!!
                I'll have to try the heatgun thing...seems interesting! and LOL at the Beehive! Talk about mobile home! You were basically doing the Bees a favor and taking them to new places to find new flowers.... I wonder if they were smart enough to locate your car again to find home when you were out and about

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                1994 Prelude V-Tec
                1999 CL 3.0
                2000 Prelude
                2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  I actually used back to black and it didn't work at all on my trim. Idk why. And i haven't due the tires yet. I have to do the rest of my trim first. But yeah i was going to paint it too but i though i might give this a try first. And yes, next time i will be ALOT more careful about the waxing haha.
                  Because you waxed your moldings lol. I've tried back to black on my moldings, they look good for about a day. When I replace the moldings I plan on hitting them with trim black paint.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

looks like brand new

Comment

this has been covered multiple times
                      5-7$ after tax
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

^plastidip ain't permanent though?

Comment

Are the stuffs pretty expensive?
                          Thanks.

Comment

hmm.. maybe I can do this to stock sideskirts?

Comment

Originally posted by maroonCD5 View Post
                              ^plastidip ain't permanent though?
                              neither is back to black or tire shine products. nothing is permanent. if plastic dip chips or fails SIMPLE PEEL it off. NO MESSY ACETONE which you cant use on fiberglass or plastic parts without damage anyways.

PlastiDip is the way to go. id gladly spend 6$ a year if needed on plastidip rather than those BS shine products that only last a week at best if it doesnt rain, and need to be reapplied weekly to maintain shine.
                              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                              X