Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APC "IcyHot" LEDs

Long story short -

Wanted LED taillights. Advanced Auto + 4 bulbs. Part # 504051B.

"For bulbs No.1157 - Red Illumination."

Put em in, they work. Weeks later, get "Rear Bulb", some work, some dont. Take em out.

Dug em out recently, wanted to see about putting em back in. Only 2 worked, so i hit up AutoZone and picked up 2 more.

However....the new ones light up differently and are even shaped differently as well. Part #'s match.

I could just go back to AZ and pick up 2 more, Im just curious if anyone else has run into this?

The old ones were more of a pronounced cone. The new ones are a sleeker cone. Old ones lit up in a "Y" pattern, new ones are all lit.

Also, would red be better or white? I want them to be bright, but i dont want a pink look.....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

white.......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

For best output LED manufactures say go with the same color bulb as the lens.
      wat?

Comment

Ok, good. Cuz i got red now.

Well, i went back to AutoZone, and they didnt have the "Icy Hot", they had a bew brand called "JamStrait".

Theyre shaped the exact same and light up the same....

Also picked up a new air filter and amber LEDs for my corners.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Lets see some fucking pictures already

Because I've been wanting to do this.

BTW how much did these run you?
          Last edited by C91BLX7; 06-19-2008, 05:04 PM.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            Lets see some fucking pictures already

Because I've been wanting to do this.

BTW how much did these run you?
            +1
            day and night pics

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I'll get days here in just a few. And nights.....tonight.

The first 2(APCs) i wanna say were like $6-$9 each. The new ones(JamStrait) were sold in pairs and they were $16.xx.

The 194 corner bulbs also came as pairs and they were like $11.

So, pics to come. I guess i could go ahead and post up the day pics now and the nights later tonight.

Comment

Do these make the "Brake Lamp" light come on?
                wat?

Comment

Um...ive only been running the outer 2 lately. Now that i got the inside ones in, i'll see what it does. Theyre not the suggested 3157(or whatever) so i'll se of they throw a sensor or not.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    Um...ive only been running the outer 2 lately. Now that i got the inside ones in, i'll see what it does. Theyre not the suggested 3157(or whatever) so i'll se of they throw a sensor or not.

2057 is the suggested.

LMK how this goes because I might go pick some up real soon. I'm interested in daylight output.
                    wat?

Comment

2057, 3157...whatever. as long as its a xx57

My cell phone sucks and we have a bit of an overcast(rain) so the mid-evening pics didnt come out. Well, they came out, but the only thing that looks different is that they come on quicker when the brake is applied. Ill wait until it gets completely dark and take some, then i'll try and take some mid-day pics tomorrow.

From what i saw in a few building reflections, when the brake is applied during the day, all you can really see is a dot. Like the actual bulb. The whole light doesnt light up.

Crude example, I know, but night time light is like this, almost like regular "non-LED" output:
                      [:::|:::] == [:::|:::]

Daytime is like this:
                      [ o | o ] == [ o | o ]

Ill put pics up here in a while.

Comment

C91, I would recommend it. I didnt have any fitment issues and they light up nicely. Much better than previous LED bulbs. If you have the means and an extra $40, pick some up.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          C91, I would recommend it. I didnt have any fitment issues and they light up nicely. Much better than previous LED bulbs. If you have the means and an extra $40, pick some up.
                          I think I might have to, still would love to see some pics
                          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                            I think I might have to, still would love to see some pics
                            x2!
                            Hurry up already!

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Alright, alright, alright....

Gimme a sec. But dont i say i didnt warn you...

Comment

Working...
                              X