Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 accord auto,swapping f22b2 auto help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord auto,swapping f22b2 auto help

basically a friend of mine blew his f22a1,my neighbor had a 96 accord f22b2 wrecked engine ran great before pulling.bought it thinking I could just drop engine in,just by swapping harness's and drivers mount but noticed vaccum lines and some sensors need extended.ive searched everywhere and there is no posts stating exactly what is needed in order to do this swap without headaches.as for parts I have complete engine and tranny from f22b2 the only thing missing is the exhaust manifold and the front torque mount,the bracket is there but the mount is missing. I have both dizzys.just need a little help knowing what parts to use from which engine to complete this swap thank you..

I fit were me and I was starting fresh I would have both engines out and sitting side by side. I would pull the wiring harness, fuel rail, EGR valve and distributor from the F22A1 engine and install all of those onto the F22B2.

You will also notice that the F22B2 oil pump has a small connector bolted to it. Either take it off or leave it unplugged as it's useless for what your needs are.

Use the front mount and bracket from the F22A1 engine and it will fit perfectly.

Ignore the MAP sensor on the throttle body as yours is in the black box on the firewall and will work fine once your vacuum lines are hooked back up correctly.

Once the F22A1 Accord harness is installed onto the F22B2 then it will plug into the chassis harness of the CB Accord perfectly. The F22A1's PT3 ECU is close enough to the OBD2 F22B2's ECU that you don't have to bother with swapping ECUs. This is good news for you as the '96 ECU you have is OBD2 and you'd have to source a new one. Then you would have to swap pins A6 and A11. So, if you're keeping the PT3 then disregard anything that gives you that information, not that it sounds like you're doing that much research anyway.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      I fit were me and I was starting fresh I would have both engines out and sitting side by side. I would pull the wiring harness, fuel rail, EGR valve and distributor from the F22A1 engine and install all of those onto the F22B2.

You will also notice that the F22B2 oil pump has a small connector bolted to it. Either take it off or leave it unplugged as it's useless for what your needs are.

Use the front mount and bracket from the F22A1 engine and it will fit perfectly.

Ignore the MAP sensor on the throttle body as yours is in the black box on the firewall and will work fine once your vacuum lines are hooked back up correctly.

Once the F22A1 Accord harness is installed onto the F22B2 then it will plug into the chassis harness of the CB Accord perfectly. The F22A1's PT3 ECU is close enough to the OBD2 F22B2's ECU that you don't have to bother with swapping ECUs. This is good news for you as the '96 ECU you have is OBD2 and you'd have to source a new one. Then you would have to swap pins A6 and A11. So, if you're keeping the PT3 then disregard anything that gives you that information, not that it sounds like you're doing that much research anyway.
      awesome that helps im going to use the stock ecu from the 93,and that makes sense to swap fuel rails since the fpr is on the opposite side,ive swapped engines in just about every Honda or acura but never did a full swap in an accord only changed a couple clutchs and trannys so this transplant is new to me thank you for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by vtecsk8r View Post
        awesome that helps im going to use the stock ecu from the 93,and that makes sense to swap fuel rails since the fpr is on the opposite side,ive swapped engines in just about every Honda or acura but never did a full swap in an accord only changed a couple clutchs and trannys so this transplant is new to me thank you for all the help.
        forgot to mention is there a pic anywhere showing the vacuum line diagram for rerouting from old mani to new mani since I didn't notice much outlets,figured I would have to put t fittings?

Comment

I don't know of a swap diagram but there's really no magic to it. If the vacuum source was originally on the plenum, do that for the F22B2. If it was before that, then replicate that as well.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

so i have tried to swap fuel rails they do not line up,the drivers side engine mount will not line up,the thermostat housing is incorrect?any solutions

Comment

i am just guessing here as i've never really looked at a f22b2. but i'd say just swap your f22a1 intake manifold onto the f22b2 head.. then you wont have any issues with fuel rails.. and sensors and vacuum lines..

Comment

Working...
              X