Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rim = HOT!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rim = HOT!!!!

Hi, like the topic says, after a ride, my front mag is DAMN HOTT . I cant keep my hand on for 2 secs, the tire is not that hot. The mag is original for honda accord 91 exr. The rear mag is less hot than front one. Is is normal? By the way, I just went to the garage to replace my pads, could the piston of the caliper is dead?

im sure its normal.

Comment

It's called warped rotors..

Comment

its normal bro. don;t worry
        [SIZE=4] IMPACT
        [IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture]

Comment

yes this is common, magnesium is a very flammable metal. its used in the casting of these oem rim, cheap alternative. but used as a alloy it has very good properties . if you notice there is no aftermarket rims with magnesium every apparent. this metal has poor heat resistance, so dont sweat it, its normal.

Comment

Originally posted by gride
            yes this is common, magnesium is a very flammable metal. its used in the casting of these oem rim, cheap alternative. but used as a alloy it has very good properties . if you notice there is no aftermarket rims with magnesium every apparent. this metal has poor heat resistance, so dont sweat it, its normal.
            Yes magnesium is flammable but it ok..... On 2005 and newer BMW intake manifolds are make of magnesium and they get real hot.....
            Accord Of The Month January 09
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Theyre hotter than the rears because you use your front brakes more. Brakes get hot, and that's the heat source.
              -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
              1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

Are BOTH sides on the front the same? I only ask because a few years ago I had a caliper freeze-up on the driver's side, and the pads were completely gone. I could spray the wheel after driving and the water steamed off like crazy..... Warped rotors can also cause the axcess heat you are feeling.
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Before I got my accord from my brother awhile back he had some problem with his rotors/brakes or something, I forget the problem.. I can ask him, but what would happen is his rotors would literaly turn red and almost melt the hub caps.

Comment

yeah both side are really hot. well if it's normal than i should not worry Thanks a lot !!

Comment

Normal

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                        Theyre hotter than the rears because you use your front brakes more. Brakes get hot, and that's the heat source.
                        werd. also, dont know if you have only front discs or not, but discs are much hotter than drums as far as giving off heat. they also, as previously stated, give off more heat since they do more of the actual stopping because of the forward weight transfer.

Comment

Working...
                        X