he breaks alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he breaks alone

I'm gonna be strong about this but it does hurt, enough to actually make me cry sometimes...so, here goes...
    Within the past month my turbo project has taken over most of all my freetime. Whether its installing a part or researching or whatever its taking alot of my time. The problem is that i also have a girlfriend named meredith. I've tried to get this project over and done with but things come up ya know. And within this past month i've noticed a slow change in my gf and her interest in me. Whats been happening lately is that i'm either too tired or just not interested in going out, clubbing, and so forth. I'm a loner, always have been always will be, I'm a blockbuster kind of guy that goes out occasionally to a movie, dinner, a club, different city, etc. Well she's becoming more of a partier lately and likes to hang out alot later than i'm willing to (8am-4:30pm job for me).

Although i'm not much of a talker i can certainly carry on a conversation but lately our convo's have only been about cars and our relationship she says. In this past month there has been a mutual friend of ours named Joe come into play. He is not by any means the culprit for what i'm about to tell you but he is the missing piece to the puzzle i put together...follow along. Joe is the adventurous type that seems to a have excitement follow him. Meredith and I have been hanging out with him over the past month and these last 2 weeks she's been hanging out with him every other day. She goes over and checks to see if he's at home at odd times of the day just because. Now i know she's not cheating for a fact so don't think that, i trust her, but whats been bothering me is that she likes the always zaney, off the wall, spontaneous personality more than she likes mine it seems.

The kind of person who goes out every other nite and does whatever ya know. Did u catch the puzzle i put together? Meredith + clubbing + wanting to leave the house more often + a spontaneous personality = troubled relationship. Last week she asked me and why we can't have fun like she does with joe, adam the leader of her dsm club, or my best friend jasmine. She feels like i'm too serious all the time, i don't show enough emotion, and that we don't talk about anything but cars really. Basically i was compared and asked why can't i be less bland. This past week has been filled with nothing but joe and she stays there pretty late, goes there after school, and has been known to spend entire days with him. Although i'm not jealous, the question of "so, who's company does she enjoy better?" has come up in my head. She's in a relationship with me but spends her time with him lately because he is more entertaining than i am.

I've been slacking on keeping the relationship exciting but she hasn't done to much to help it either. Sure she asks if i want to go out with her but its usually on a weekday night or a time when i'm tired or not feeling well. I've tried to meet her halfway on this too and have even gone to a *** club with her and her friends (she has alot of *** guy friends). But its not enough . So brought all of this to her attention on monday i guess and she realized that she was unsure who's company she likes more. This isn't a fight over Joe and I at all as i stated b4 but rather what makes her happy. She smiles when she talks about him, she won't stop talking about him and so forth. I didn't want to be right about all of this but this afternoon she broke up with me. She said it really wasn't a break up just "time off" but it certainly feels like a break up to me. During the conversation we laughed, kissed, and made promises but in the end i don't think i'm what she wants anymore.

The thing i see with most relationships is that someone closes their eyes to something that is a problem but you can't see it if your eyes are closed. She gets on me for not confronting a problem right away but has closed her eyes to a decreasing interest in me . I just talked to her stop mom after the break-up and she said meredith said " i don't know what i'm going to do for fun if he's not around." WTF...isn't that what this is all about u saying your not having enough fun with me! As u can see after my tears i've become angry...i can't remember which step this is in coping with loss lol.
    I love my babygurl with all of my heart but she seems to want a more "exciting life" than i can give. So she decided to take "time off" and decide when she decides basically on whats gonna happen to us. She said we're still together but its just a cover-up on her dependency on me and unwillingness to let me go even tho it may be for the best. She doesn't want to lose me to another girl but depending on the time she takes to give me a definitive decision i may already be gone.

Mere has, to me, lost her identity and given up most everything she had interest in in exchange for my interests...i.e. cars. She denies she has lost her interests but even her parents see the difference in her. The irony of this entire thing is her overwhelming jealousy if i say i something like "i think i know that girl from somewhere" the comments i get from her go as far as "oh, did u fuck her too?" I mean i went to a big high school and familiar faces are everywhere and these are the reactions i get . We actually live next door to each other and she knows all about my past but still feels the need to say such things to me. I've been with 2 girls...HER INCLUDED!!! We all thought the relatioship would end if i moved to another city or an apartment because of her jealousy, i was supposed to be the one to break up with her because of her jealousy but look whats happening now...didn't see this one coming lol. I asked for 2 weeks of not holding anything against me if i'm tired or have to research the turbo project more but she can't wait that long i guess...and broke up with me.

She's 18 and doesn't yet realize what she has in me, and that outgoing personalities come with a big price alot of the time.
    1 year 1 month...theres more i'd like to say but i'm a little burntout on thinking about it...thanx for reading
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

im sorry man, im sorta in a similar position, but im more in her shoes, so i kinda understand where shes coming from.

ive been going out w/ my gf for 1yr 6mos, started in highschool... i turned 18... 19... and now im at an age (19) where id rather just be spontaneous, not deal with a serious non-spontaneous g/f. not that serious is bad, just i dont want it right now... wanna go off to college, hang out, be spontaneous.

from what you said, it seems like shes doing the same thing. shes not crazy, 18 is by no means old and mature, shes out of highschool, and life DOES change (as i found out), and her personality / interests change...

i dont know how old you are (almost 20?), but my own situation made me realize that even people in their late teens are not really mature, even though we think we are, and we really dont know what we want, etc.

im really sorry about the breakup i hope at some point she will end up realizing that "spontinuity" isnt as fulfilling as she had hoped, and that she would want to get back together with a loving b/f. i wish u luck man, when good relationships kinda hit an end its really hard, i know. keep your head up though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i'm kinda looking at this as she will be back...but i may not be here for her. I don't want to be in this halfway bullshit, i'll probably be able to stand this for about a week or so, its unfair to halfway break up with me...11:30 on a school nite and she's still not home...i'm 20 by the way. I've strived to make myself a great boyfriend, i know to spend time, i do romantic jestures, i try to talk and communicate, i ask her how her day was everyday, i mean i try i really do but sometimes its not enough.

Success is sometimes measured by the amount of things you have and are willing to sacrifice. If this theory holds true then this will be one VERY fast car

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Dude, she WILL be back. It is hard to juggle everything, i do admit. I know that a turbo project is big, but there are more important things in life (however, people's priorities differ among us). In my relationship, i don't make my car my life. I don't talk about it constantly but every now and then i will. She knows how much work, time and money i have into it and she appreciates it just as much as I.

Personally, I think this is just a phase she is going through, and she will see the perverbial light and come back once she realizes what a great guy she isn't with (as much)-you of course Girls can make you laugh and smile.....or make you naucious or want to cry, they are a confusing animal.

Keep your head up, let whatever happens happens.... and finish that damn turbo project up so you can get your girl back!!!
        http--www.teckademics.com-media-tst_steirle.jpg

Comment

touched my heart. I know the feeling too. But you can't say much or do much. She's still like clay that hasn't been fired yet. Yes, it'll hurt to have this time off, but she needs to find out who she is. And if she stays with you knowing that she doesn't know who she really is (party girl or not), then she won't truly be herself. I say just take it one day at a time. I don't think your problem is if she will come back, rather when? and "when" might be a tad too long. But if you can't wait, that says something about your love for her. So decide if she is really worth the waiting for and ask yourself if this is what you TRULY want. Be true to yourself, be true to her. things happen for a reason. So think it out and step outside the box and see what's really going on. hope everything works out man.

(you're just like me stay at home kinda guy - not crazy or spontanous).
          BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Hey, Joe here(the new guy). Now I have not been around long but from what I have seen they really like each other and I think they will work it out. Antoine is a great guy and alot of fun. I personally have fun hanging out with both of them and would like nothing more then for them to be together. I hope it works out Antoine(it will).
            Joe
            ".....us peons in the Wheelhop Specials...." Nohbody

"You have a quick ass car." Totaleclipsegt

Counter for the number of trannys I have toasted...6

Comment

My girlfriend and I pulled the 'Time apart game' two months before she left for her junior year at college (while I stayed behind and continued to work a nowhere job) two weeks before she was gone for good I sat her down in the accord, and just told her how it was, if she wasn't going to be there for me, I was going to find someone else, and she could do the same at school, girls sometimes get selfish and expect you to break up, yet be able keep you as emotional support, we ended up back together that night, and have been for two years since. It's all about making the choice, it sounds like your girl isn't being grown up about it, and she doesn't realize just what will happen if you totally leave her life.
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              Shortram Intake
              Matrix Coilovers
              Front + Rear Strut Braces
              Custom 2.25 Exhaust
              Flowmaster 60 Series Muffler
              Delta 272 Regrind
              Slammed, Stripped, And Loud

Comment

id like to post my input on this.im 17 and had a girfriend for 2 years. we arent together anymore. she dances for a dance company and for the school we both go to. shes beautiful, the perfect girl really and i loved her. but we just drifted apart. neither of us know why. i dont think anyone really knows why relationships end the way they do. it just happens. her family life has always been fucked up and i didnt have a grasp on my life towards the end. before we got together i was going nowhere and she straightened me out, but towards the end i slipped into my old habits. i didnt realize what i had and i lost it. idk what side i fall on in your story but i feel for you. im the same way as you socially. i really dont htink this is about your turbo project. its about shes young and she doesnt know what she wants. the grass is always greener on the other side. my ex is with some geeky punk ass kid that i just want to bitch smack but i wont because i want whats best for her and i couldnt do it. all in all were young and theres many others out there. though we may think they're not as good as the one we had. I think i made a few valid points here if you can disypher any of that. im still stewing on my break up and its been a month but it feels like a year. hope i helped-eric
                Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

man i feel for ya bro, hope shit works out for you, either way.. with or without her.. if its without dont worry youl find somone new and special

Comment

damn.. thats crazy to deal with man. i had a g/f for te first time in high school this year that i was with for 7 months. i broke up with her, but i love her and she loves me, i just wanted to be able to check out other girtls and such, i mean im only a senior once, ya know. besides it would suck to be tied down when young like this. anyways, we are like the best of friends, i go over to her house all the time and watch movies with her and stuff, hang out with her before school, stuff like that. and ive done stuff with a couple of girls here and there since the breakup, but the problem is that even though i dont feel bad doing it, i know im gonna wanna kill the first guy she likes. i cant think about any scenario without grinding my teeth in anger. i dont know why i feel that way. i do know however it is extremely wrong for me to be like this. hope i figure out a way to deal with my potential anger. goodluck man, things will naturally go the right path. not sure how long it may take, maybe no time at all...hell by the time you read my post you may have just feel in love at first sight with your future wife of 85 years..this life is unpredictable.
                    92 lx
                    automatic
                    slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

<<< the girlfriend.

At least I know the truth. FYI, we're back together.

I wish I could have read this. I wish I knew about ALL of this.

This secret communication shyt is not particularly cool.

Anyways. How about that turbo? Maybe once it gets in, I can ask for a month or so, so I can drop in my completely forged internally, 6 bolt and some exquisite turbo. Then he'll know pain when I spank him in the 1/4.

::sigh:: it's going to be a long night.

Comment

its not particularly(sp) easy for a guy to just open up and explain every lil thing he feels/things/wonder ect.. as you can see cb7tuner is a family more so of guys.. so it kinda is easier to write something down than to say it.. more so when he feels the relationship is going in the shitter.. as antonie mentioned he wasnt helping the relationship either.. but then again.. whats gonna happen again(since u two are together again).. what if he has to take on some project (not necc. related to cars) and cant spend as much time with u for a period of time.. then what?? im not saying the situation will be the same only stating what i think.. if you are a spontaneous person.. theres nothing wrong with that but being able to adjust in a relationship is a key feature that most of us need to learn to use alot more often.. and spending time with ur friend joe isnt helping either.. not saying that u cant but.. look at it this way.. how would u feel if u were at home and antonie was at a girls house chilling 24/7? dont say u wouldnt mind.. because it hasnt happend but if it did.. so many questions would run through ur mind u wouldnt know what to do with yourself.. thats exactly what happend to him IMO.. he began to wonder.. things.. that maybe were assumptions but.. maybe were truths.. in regards to you two being back together.. i wish u the best of luck and hope that this has taught the both of you a lil something about each other.. weither it was secretive or not..
                        best of luck you guys..

C-los

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

oh i see

i can understand both sides of the story. She wants the night life and you want the road less traveled for many of us youngsters. i used to be in that same situation but i did what she did and when she brought it to my attention she saw the same traits within herself. She used to be a club goer and all that party type stuff so i started going out at least she thought i was but what i was really doing was just keeping my mind off of her and living like if she doesn't call me i wont call her. But what i did was in my free time shoot pool, play cards, or just go to the barber shop and get drunk with the barber( if your barber can't cut tipsy wait until he finishes your head). That way instead of you worried about what she does your mind is clear of all things except for those few minutes or hours on what you are doing at that exact moment. I would say find a hobby and do that when you're not busy and call her when you are busy just so she can start wondering. OR you can let her be free since you all made promises ( I'm thinking like staying together) and give you full concentration to you. I mean do whatever makes you HAPPY. Also I AM IN NO WAY TALKING ABOUT YOUR GIRL OR ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, but have you noticed some men tend to want to find the perfect girl and keep her forever but still want to mess around and have fun???? Well now i have noticed alot of females run that same game. It's like they know when a man falls in love and know how far they can go b4 your breaking point and they have as much fun as they can without losing you. So i think life has just start to turn the tables on relationships. JUST MY OPINION.

P.S. in relationship for 2 years and still going strong. Good luck fellas hope you find someone like i have met
                          Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

im in the same boat as you are man...ive been with my chick...well ex chick or sepereated chick or chick sometimes when she misses me or whatever...for a lil over a year and we are going through the same problems as you are. the only differance is that your chick told you what the problem was while mine only said that i had changed at the time of the break up...we decided to remain friends which is hard for me cuz i do love her but you know, i would rather keep her in my life as a friend than not at all...anyway, i talk to her as a friend and she has lost all chick previledges which she has noticed and seems to understand...my point is that we were talking the other day and she finally told me what the changes were...apparently i have neglected her and we got into a rut which i totally take blame for...my only argument is that why tell me now when she shouldve told me way before when this was just starting and i wouldve snapped out of it and done something about it...but stuf happens for a reason...we decided to be friends so i started going out and doing stuff for my hobby which is my car...and ive also been going out with a friend that i have had a crush on for the longest...i figured now was a better time than ever to see if anything happens with the other chick instead of trying something while im with my ex...the only advice i have for you is to go out and do exactly what she said have fun be it with friends, your car or other chicks...she gets mad, it was her idea to split up and it might show her all the feelings she has for you...i know it will be hard, it is for me, but you have to move on...youre still young and you shouldnt be held down right now and you should be out having fun and causing trouble and sowing your wild oats...if you guys get back together then it was meant to be, if not then you move on...thats what im doing and thats what i think you should do. good luck and keep your head up...its not the end of the world you just wont be getting any for a while...just thinking about that brings me to tears

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

theres more going on now, she made her decision to stay with me but theres more to the story now. I do thank you all tho for ur advice, words of wisdom, and sharing your own experiences tho. I'll come back and say whats on my mind later 2day or sometime 2morrow...till then i'm just draining my mind of all of this with some nice relaxing classical music, chillen with co-workers, and basically just taking time off this whole ordeal. But its not over by a long shot. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X