Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A6 Rod Bearings Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A6 Rod Bearings Question

Hey Guys, what's good? I have a question with regard to rod bearings. My 92 EX Coupe began making a noise while loading her up on a car dolly a few weeks ago. After draining the oil which by the way was brand new we noticed a lot of metal shavings in the oil. It was later discovered that I had an issue with the bottom end of my F22A6... The crank being the culprit. Anyway, we sourced a crank which brings me to my question. I have a brand new set of King Rod Bearings... but I have been told that they are not reliable. Truth be told, this motor's internals are all stock. A turbo build is in the works for the coupe but for now this F22A6 will remain bone stock. Are these bearings reliable enough for me to use this thing as a daily driver and not sweat a breakdown, or should I go with a different set of rod bearings? As always, any input is always greatly appreciated. I plan on using the current power plant for approximately a year or so... What's your take?

i would check the clearances, if there close to stock specs then ide say you should be fine as long as your not planning on lead footing it all the time. who told you the king bearings were not reliable and whats the companys rep on thos sets with accords?
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

the cheapest way would probably be to buy a used low mileage block or even motor..by the time you buy parts and have it sent to were ever or build it yourself,itll be more than its worth buy a new motor/block for now.use your old one to build!

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas... As far as the King Bearings are concerned I have come across a lot of bashing online... IDK how these individuals were using their particular applications. My mechanic also doesn't much care for them. Like I mentioned, the motor is bone stock and the bearings are standard and not over sized. I really don't plan on beating on this thing and with luck, next year the motor will be rebuilt from the ground up and outfitted with a turbo setup. My lil bro came across an F22 for 100 boners with no head... I'm still looking into that. I never tend to believe everything that I read but when it comes to CB7's I always value what you guys have to say... y'all haven't steered me wrong yet. Thanks again for the input

Comment

If you are going to rebuild the block the king bearing will be fine, Just you are going to have to get the block main caps honed out to have the right clearance right across, Once you start mixing different cranks and different main caps the oil clearance will get all wierd, Every crank and main caps are different, thats why the dealer bearings come in different sizes.

All aftermarket bearings come equivalent to the dealer "green" size.

Comment

Working...
          X