Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$5 ebay door handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5 ebay door handle

I bought this door handle and its been used for probably a month

http://cgi.ebay.com/Inside-Interior-...sories&vxp=mtr

well i bought it in black but i don't feel like finding a black auction

Anyways

cheap piece of shit.

My dude, I bought that same shit for mines about a year ago. It wouldn't even fit right. The hook things ended up breaking on me. Definitely not OEM. But considering the dealer was trying to charge me $29 for it I figured to go the cheap route. And I got what I paid for.

Comment

Well now I know not to buy one.

Comment

I bought a pair for $15 off of eBay, and they lasted quite a while.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Mine broke as I was installing it

Comment

i bough some charcoal greay ones....2 for $30 passanger side fits great..driver side is whack ....but overall they are better than the old ones

Comment

I too bought a $6 ebay door handle. It took about half an hour of trimming with an exacto knife and filing to get the tabs to even fit into the slots in the door. After all that, it still won't slide back, and doesn't line up properly at all. I've heard good things about the JCWhitney handles, but the photos on their website make it look exactly like the one I got from ebay.

Also, there's no recess or decal that says "Lock," which bugs me because I am anal retentive. Kinda looks like I'll just be dropping $30 on one from the dealership. Annoying, but would have saved me about an hour of dicking around and weeks of having a broken handle in between sessions of working on it.

Comment

I've bought a total of three $7 door handles off ebay. The first is going on at least 2 years. Never had any problems with fitment, install, whatever. Do you just rip on your door handles when you get out? It doesn't take much force to open them...

Comment

The OEM ones break in the cb ALL the time.

I believe it is one of the most trouble parts besides the main relay.

Why would a $5 knock off do better if OEM breaks!??!?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Why would a $5 knock off do better if OEM breaks!??!?
                    I think its more of the age of the door handle actually. They do break but thats pretty much after 15 or 20 years afterwards when the plastic is all brittle and shit.

I believe if you buy OEM brand new it should hold up... Them knockoffs just don't fit right (and end up breaking) sometimes. Its just hit or miss with those really.

Comment

Just curiousc what's the most desired oem door handle color, 2 or 4 dr?
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I have the JCWhitney ones, fit like a glove and stronger than I expected. I have been (ab)using them for a little while now with no signs of cracking. They do have the LOCK detent as well. I can snap a photo if anyone is interested?

Comment

^ I am please.

Comment

Sorry it doesn't have the spot for the word lock... I don't know what I was thinking.
                            Otherwise it is solid.
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Dam that's pretty clean. So they offer different colors?

Comment

Working...
                              X