Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust Manifold to Downpipe still leaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last person that put the cat cover back on put back on a stripped bolt head. I can't put car on 4 jackstands as am in unlevel apartment parking. Am frustrated now. What damage would it do to let it go thru cat?

Comment

Possible catalyst contamination causing poor performance, drivability issues, CEL, stalling, etc.

Imagine that sponge, and putting cured plastic weld on it expecting it to just pass through.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Possible catalyst contamination causing poor performance, drivability issues, CEL, stalling, etc.

Imagine that sponge, and putting cured plastic weld on it expecting it to just pass through.
        Yeah i sort of figured(but for some reason was hoping) that as plastic isn't just going to burn to ash like wood but am pissed at this car now and just want to start engine and blow that shit thru, lol. For some reason i thought cats would have blow by areas either above or beneath it. I tried taking downpipe off at exhaust manifold and using my little vacuum suckers to pick it up. No go. I wish i had a endoscopic cam so i could pinpoint it but i don't. So i guess i'll have to take entire downpipe off. PITA.

Comment

OK i got a 5 hp shop vac that has very good suction power and yet it wont suck that straw out. If it is even in there. THere is a chance it bounced around under car and got into some crevice. I tested that shop vac in multiple scenarios and it should be able to very easily suck or blow that air nozzle out. So am wondering can it get stuck on something like the flex pipe. What is the inside of the flex pipe like? If it isn't stuck on flex pipe then i got to assume it somehow blew off somewhere i can't find it. I really don't want to take the entire downpipe off as the cat cover bolts are ruined and the three bolts on cat will take a few days of pbj before they will come off i think.

Comment

Working...
          X