Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB7 Elecrical Wiring Guru's Please Help Fill in the Blanks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Elecrical Wiring Guru's Please Help Fill in the Blanks!!

Long story short, I'm putting a BB6 cluster in my CB7. I'm writing down all the wiring colors and their functions for comparison to the BB6 Lude wiring. I was going through my Accord Helms manual and found everything for the A and C plugs, but not the 22 pin "B" connector on the lower right as you're looking at the gauge cluster. The car is a 93 LX Coupe.

Here's what I have so far... "Not Used" indicates that there is no wire in that number pin:

1-
    2-
    3- Not Used
    4-
    5-
    6- Red: Engine Coolant Temp Sending Unit
    7- White/Green: Lamp Failure Sensor
    8-
    9- Not Used
    10- Green/Red: Right Front Door Switch
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14- Green/Red: Low Fuel Sensor
    15-Yellow/White: Fuel Gauge Sending Unit
    16-
    17-
    18-Not Used
    19-
    20- Green/Blue: Driver's Door Switch
    21- Green/Black: Door Indicator Lights
    22- Green/White: Courtesy Light

Hope someone who knows how to read electrical circuit diagrams a little better than me can help!

Thanks in advance!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Your chart as is, is totally off...
    I make conversion harnesses for fun..

Heres the charts
    91-93 LX/EX (I know it says 92-93)

97-01 BB6 Wiring (USDM/CDM) I think JDM is wired the same but IDK

I know how to make the shifter lights work on the Auto, but thats a trade secret

In order for your ABS light to work correctly you need to disconect the ABS relay unit in the back of the cluster and straight sauder the "board" together.
    BB6 and CB use a different wire setup for the ABS

It goes like this:
    BB6, Constant power is on which makes the ABS always on (relay is on)
    A negative ground on the ABS wire makes the light go off (relay is off)
    CB7, No power is supplied to the ABS Bulb until the "Brake Check" Circuit is activated at "On" position. Only supplies power for 3 seconds. After that the ABS computer (if problem lies) will supply the voltage and make the ABS light up.
    Other than that its a perfect cluster swap
    Last edited by CB7Man; 08-09-2009, 08:49 PM.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

PM'd

Comment

how much for a harness? no abs & 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by MethodFX View Post
          how much for a harness? no abs & 5 spd
          PM the guy above. I think he charges 50.

Comment

Oh Shit. Just the post i needed I spent about 4 hours yesterday wiring this up. With some luck but not much.
            My advice is to hook up your b to the b in the cb and transfer the wire colors. I tried to read the diagram I have from online helms and failed I either had it upside down or my car wires are Different.
            I hooked up my harnesses and taped what each one is and now I am only off by 4 wires/lights.
            Anyway I now need to fix the SRS,ABS Coolant temp and the doors and dome.
            My question is can we wire the L to the passenger side and Y the dome and get the driver and Passenger door to light up per side not all or nothing

My car is a 91 so no ABS may be my prob.
            goodluck

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
              Oh Shit. Just the post i needed I spent about 4 hours yesterday wiring this up. With some luck but not much.
              My advice is to hook up your b to the b in the cb and transfer the wire colors. I tried to read the diagram I have from online helms and failed I either had it upside down or my car wires are Different.
              I hooked up my harnesses and taped what each one is and now I am only off by 4 wires/lights.
              Anyway I now need to fix the SRS,ABS Coolant temp and the doors and dome.
              My question is can we wire the L to the passenger side and Y the dome and get the driver and Passenger door to light up per side not all or nothing

My car is a 91 so no ABS may be my prob.
              goodluck

steve
              Door ajar light doesn't indicate sides, just on or off for either door. To get my dome lights to work I had to use the black/white dome wire from the cb and split it to the orange, and orange/green door wires on the BB6 cluster. You need to diode Isolate these wires with the cathode side towards the cluster.

Comment

my dome light works fine without adding a diode. It's been a while so i'd have to check my notes but i may have wired it spliced from the door signals directly if the gauges don't have that application.

I have my bb to cb wiring notes around here too if anyone needs, but it looks like you guys got that covered.

Since the "immobilizer" key icon doesn't get used with our cars, I wired that to illuminate with VTEC. Not necessary, but i kinda like it...and it can help troubleshoot the system if VTEC quits working.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                PM me and get it done right!

Comment

dome light works fine, I did split the driver and passenger side. Oh well no need to do that.
                  I can't get the lights to work, all the lights don't come on when I turn on the ignition,
                  Are you supposed to combine the red and red black? Or Red to red and red black to red Black, Then what to do with c7 the red blue lighting wire from the cb.
                  Its getting the best of me.
                  steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                    dome light works fine, I did split the driver and passenger side. Oh well no need to do that.
                    I can't get the lights to work, all the lights don't come on when I turn on the ignition,
                    Are you supposed to combine the red and red black? Or Red to red and red black to red Black, Then what to do with c7 the red blue lighting wire from the cb.
                    Its getting the best of me.
                    steve

yes, the red and red/black wires all have to do with illumination. Make sure they are all hooked up. There is one Red from the CB, A6. This wire goes to BB6 Red A2 and B10. There is one Red/Black from the CB, A7. This wire goes to BB6 Red/Black A1 and B11.

I think you mean C6 Red/Blue. That's the dimmer wire. It goes to B2 Orange/White on the prelude cluster.
                    Last edited by wherm; 08-16-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I dug up this makeshift, connect-the-lines diagram I used on mine (No ABS since I removed it).
                      I obviously made this myself from other diagrams, so
                      I'm not sure my "A,B&C" plugs are assigned the same letters u guys are using,
                      but still I thought it would be helpful and visually simple to read.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

I failed at this this weekend. So I went to the junkyard and cut the 3 plugs coming into the cb cluster.
                        I thought I could take the wires out like we do for the ECU plugs for the vtec stuff for h22 swap, but couldn't get them out. So I desoldered the three plugs plugged the wires I cut into the plugs and then soldered them on the cb cluster plugs.
                        This made it much easier for me when connecting the wires.
                        I know this doesn't help your wiring needs, but I think with the right color wires in the right place it was much easier. I did make sure the plugs matched my current wiring in the car.
                        And on the harness I cut the yellow/white and the yellow were tied together about 4-5 inches into the harness.
                        If you can do this it might make it a little easier. It did for me.
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        steve

Comment

My cluster swap is done now, many thanks to CB7Man. here's a quick pic of the circuit board. To get the ebrake light to illuminate properly, you have to cut out the diode to the far left. Also, for non ABS CB7's, you have to cut out the chip that says "ABS" and solder in a jumper wire as shown in the pic. After soldering in the jumper wire, I learned that it's a little easier to do it on the other side of the panel where there are large blobs of solder.

Last edited by wherm; 08-20-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

You should ask a mod the change the title of this thread to "bb6 cluster wiring info" or something along those lines. It's a good thread.

Also, you suck at soldering.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I cheated and just removed the ABS light. Also my gauge lights would not come on until I hooked up the dimmer, turn signals wouldn't work until I plugged in the hazard button.
                              FYI
                              steve

Comment

Working...
                              X