Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20B Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B Swap

Can anyone please tell me anything they know about a F20B swap into a 92/93 cb7? I have heard that the motor will drop right in, bolt up and the existing wiring harness can be used possibly having to add wires for VTEC. Also heard that you can use the transmission of the F22 or find a H22 transmission for slightly snappier gears. Please only contructive advice. I know that I do not know all this stuff that is why I am asking the questions and asking it in the beginner area. Thank you for your help in advance. I am also aware that some parts for the F20B may be hard to find and the H22 parts are typically on hand. I am getting the F20B cheap and decided that to me it was worth doing something not so common.

I have looked through some of the other forums and threads and found no information. If you know of one, would probably be all I would need. Thanks again.

what is the difference in the f20b over the f22?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenAccord View Post
      what is the difference in the f20b over the f22?
      f20b is 2.0 liter dohc vtec similar to the h22, f22a is sohc non vtec.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Yes. Swaps right in, make sure you get an h22 intake manifold, or just upgrade to something like the skunk2. All the H/F tranny's will work, but the Single cam F tranny's suck balls, so use an H22 tranny or something.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

if you are auto then you need to find the f20b tranny and tcm otherwise you wont get the most out of the motor because it wont rev as high as it should, from what ive heard. im not sure though, but that swap scared me so i stayed away from it, too much technical stuff for me. i wont even do an h22 swap cuz im lazy lol. and i dont want to pay for all the parts, im sticking with the simple stuff like h23a,jdm f22b, and f20a dohc's.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

are f20b motors reasonably priced?

Comment

I don't know the going rate to accurately answer that question. Long story short... My friends CD5 got totalled. He had a F20B in it. Worked it out and got the totalled car for around $700. Usable: f20b motor/f22 transmisson, ECU, drive shafts (pretty much a complete swap), tanabe coilover suspension, maybe some other little things. Had a CB7 a few years ago and loved it. Things didn't work out the way I thought they were supposed to so I had to sell it. This situation came up with the motor so I figure I'd gladly jump back into a cb. For the price... I was okay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  Yes. Swaps right in, make sure you get an h22 intake manifold, or just upgrade to something like the skunk2. All the H/F tranny's will work, but the Single cam F tranny's suck balls, so use an H22 tranny or something.
                  Just curious, why do you have to use the H22 IM???
                  Also what is the correct ECU for that motor or will the P13 work just fine?
                  www.PreludePower.com
                  BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    OBDII to OBDI conversion.
                    was that in repsonse to BLUBB2?

Comment

no he's saying that all f20b motors are obdII. It's not that bad changing them over to obdI. You can use your old f22 harness or get another one. You just have to change out some of the sensors
                      Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

I am doing one of these swaps in a green coupe I'm going to sell.
                        The H22/23 upper intake manifold plenum has a normal 2-wire idle control valve, the F20 has some weird 3-wire one.
                        You have to find a 92-96 prelude DOHC timing side engine mount bracket, and use your F22 power steering setup or get the prelude (or newer accord) parts.
                        There is no vtec pressure switch, the ecu pin needs a signal splice from the vtec wire to use most ecus.
                        As far as the obd2 thing goes, there's not much to it.
                        The dizzy is essentially identical to an obd1 internal coil dizzy, but a lot of people seem to get thrown off by the conversion from 2plug to 1plug dizzies when none of the wire colors help and you have to run the tach signal from inside to adapt to our wiring.
                        The manual version uses prelude type-S cams, so a stock obd2 or tuned ecu is best.
                        The automatic version uses H22 Cams and will work with a stock P13 Prelude ECU.
                        I will keep the type-S cams on my manual F20B for my H22 and put JDM H22 cams back in, rewiring the f20 dizzy or swapping parts with an H/F one.
                        I will be using a JDM P13 ECU.
                        Keeping the OBD2 injectors, I just have to remove the resistor box & solder together all the wires.
                        My motor didn't come with an exhaust downpipe, which probably wouldn't have fit our exhausts anyway, use a 93-96 Prelude VTEC one for direct fit.
                        The alternator and starter may have newer connections, you can reuse yours or consider swapping the new style plug onto your harness to keep the newer parts.

I'd really like to see what the F20 could do with my Skunk2 cams that move the H22 powerband up too high to use! The geometry of the F20 block is supposed to be good to rev up to as much as 9,000 stock.
                        Last edited by lucid; 11-29-2009, 09:12 PM.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                        After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                        Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                        PM me and get it done right!

Comment

http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_en...B_Accord_SiR-T

F20B for $699 motor only.
                          IridiumCore
                          HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                          Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

Working...