Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Expected horsepower on stock sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expected horsepower on stock sleeves

I have a spare F22A6 and am about to build it for turbo. I really don't want to spend over a grand on just sleeving the block and spend that money on forged pistons, rods etc. from Bisi

What kind of power can I expect from the stock sleeves? or are stock sleeves not the way to go?

I am only looking to net about 400whp, if the stock sleeves can handle more, great! But to be fuel contentious, I want to stay below 500whp.

What do you recommend?

Originally posted by VoloCB7 View Post
    I have a spare F22A6 and am about to build it for turbo. I really don't want to spend over a grand on just sleeving the block and spend that money on forged pistons, rods etc. from Bisi

What kind of power can I expect from the stock sleeves? or are stock sleeves not the way to go?

I am only looking to net about 400whp, if the stock sleeves can handle more, great! But to be fuel contentious, I want to stay below 500whp.

What do you recommend?
    People have made 400 on stock sleeves. I'm not sure how long it'll last, maybe Just fine with forged pistons/rods. I haven't read anyone document much about these cars after going for turbo. Well unless they blew it up, people always seem to talk about that.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I know what you mean, I see tons of turbo car threads but nobody really says much about reliability.

Comment

How much torque is the better question. Torque is force and horsepower is the amount of work derived by the torque and rpm. Torque is relative to cylinder pressure which is what destroys ringlands and sleeves. This is also why clutches are rated in torque.

To answer your question, I don't know. haha.

Comment

I think you should be good at 400whp on stock sleeves. Just make sure its built right. My setup currently is on stock f22a1 sleeves @ 486wtq its lasted good so far. Actually going to the track tomorrow.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
          MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
          11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

The overall power production is only a part of the equation. How much power you can make, and how long it will last, depends largely on the parts you buy, the way they are installed, and how well the engine is tuned... Then of course, how you drive and maintain the car will have an effect as well.

Honestly, the stock sleeves SHOULD hold that much power, but if they don't, you'll probably end up trashing some expensive parts. Drop $1000 on a full sleeve job, and you won't have to worry about destroying your $800 rods and pistons, $100 bearings, $700 turbo, etc...

It's better to overbuild than to cut corners.

Comment

Thank you for the advice guys I like the 500hp on NWaccord CB7 on stock sleeves! WOW! NW Accord - how long have you been driving it like that? I saw your videos on youtube, sounds and looks good!

Comment

I've only driven it for 3k miles. But I'm really confident in the setup. So time will tell. Just got back from the track in yakima wa. Today. Wasn't power shifting or launching hard on 26" slicks @18.5psi - 11.90 @ 123mph. Drove 2 hours there, beat on it a lil, Nd 2 back no problems

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Has anyone run faster than 11.90 in an accord yet?

Also your going to use the hell out of some fuel at 400 whp. Don't make that your only excuse to not go to 500whp. There are plenty of other reasons not to shoot for more horsepower.
                  I'm not at the 400whp mark yet but I'm not too far behind it, I'm on stock sleeves with about 10k miles on my motor. no problems with the sleeves yet.
                  spin city

Comment

We had a guy YEARS ago claiming 10s, but we never saw any proof.

Comment

I'm going back for 10's. Cars got way more potential left. If my clutch would of hold id would of been in the mid 11's at the most. We'll see in a month. Nd iam torturing my stock sleeves. No heating issues or signs of it. Even at 8200 rpm

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

WOW I guess Honda really built these motors to last. I always wondered if turbo was going to be a factory option but they just didn't do it. There are several places on the block that could be tapped for oil senders etc. that look as if Honda made them specifically for that and other accessories. Did honda ever make a turbo car? I can't seem to think of any....

dbsharp & NWaccord - what kinda fuel economy do you get with your cars? I know I could get better fuel eco by not hopping on the gas and also keeping the turbo from spooling. But what would be the point!? Gotta hear that BOV!

NWaccord - where did you get your car tuned? Is it here in Washington? When I get the engine done I need to know I have a place to trust. I have a shop in town (Bremerton) that has tons of Porsche's and a track EG hatch called Max RPM, they have been around forever but not sure what they are all about.

Comment

I think there was a "honda city turbo" in Japan, small Lil hatch. I've also heard of a coupe legend in Japan that came turboed? Obviously it wasn't called a legend. May be wrong idk. Right now I average 26-28 mpg on the highway without going into boost. Kaizen Speed in kennewick Wa. Dynoes my cars. Hes an excellent tuner! highly recommend them!

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                          11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

The new RDX compact SUV has a K23 turbo.
                            Everything else I have no idea but sounds very interesting and it's amazing your stock sleeves are handling that power...for now.
                            Current:
                            2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                            1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                            1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

I'm not saying its safe or not. Re sleeving is the way to go in reality. I did it cus I wanted to experience it for myself. I'm fully aware Nd I'm prepared just in case it does go bad, to cough up the money + time to get going again. It would cost twice the money to get it back wheres its at with sleeves. But I'm pretty sure 350-400whp shouldn't be a problem on stock sleeves. If you have doubts just re sleeve it
                              Last edited by NWaccord; 06-04-2011, 04:00 PM.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                              11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Working...
                              X