Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

whats the Perfect boosted injector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the Perfect boosted injector

Im running dsm 450's right now at 220 whp but i wanna step it up to 350, 400 max whp what injector size would be the best not too small and not overkilled, Im looking at 750cc or 880 cc's right now, but cant find the right info on what would be the better decision

Originally posted by DKRM View Post
    Im running dsm 450's right now at 220 whp but i wanna step it up to 350, 400 max whp what injector size would be the best not too small and not overkilled, Im looking at 750cc or 880 cc's right now, but cant find the right info on what would be the better decision
    You can get a good idea here.
    http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/InjectorSizeCalc.html

You could always tune your injectors with a fpr and standalone but if you do the 750's and then get even more boost happy down the road, then you'll need to shell out another $300-$350 for some new bigger size injectors.

Going bigger than usual isn't always overkill....but plan ahead on your power goals so you buy only once. Honestly it's nice to say you have a accord that is a 400HP dyno queen...but it sure won't hook up on the ground for daily driver like a STI thats for sure. Plan on some good tires and LSD.

Since ur doing the DSM thing, you could get lucky and score some EVO X injectors on e-bay for cheap. I think that will get you in the 350+ range with some good tuning and I believe they are plug n' play just like the blue/green 450s.

Lemme know how it goes!

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

if i went with 880cc injectors would it have any negative impact vs a 750cc injector?

Comment

anyone?? Im looking at some 880cc I would like to grab today, if they are not too big i just dont wanna get 780,s and run out of injector
        Last edited by DKRM; 04-12-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

You will be fine with even 680cc injectors for 400HP.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DKRM View Post
              anyone?? Im looking at some 880cc I would like to grab today, if they are not too big i just dont wanna get 780,s and run out of injector
              Generally, the bigger the injector, the more difficult it is to get a good idle. However, at this size, there should be no problem.

Also, there is always a market for used injectors if you do end up needing bigger.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

You IDC(idle duty cycle) will be harder to get tuned in correctly with a larger injector. That being said, its really easy if you know what you are doing.

At either size injector, 400whp very doable.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Injector Dynamics 725cc injectors. Although they do not require a driver/resistor so you'd have to remove the stock resistor box.

My 2200cc Injector Dynamics injectors idle great at .15% IDC.

Comment

Yea Injector Dynamics is the way to go. New technology and alot of info with these.

Comment

awsome thanks ill look into injector dynamics!

Comment

Working...
                      X