IACV issue, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IACV issue, suggestions?

Ok we'll I have a JDM H22 Euro R and my IACV is broken and after finding out that its a little over $250 at the local parts store I started wondering if blocking it off would be a good idea I've read that it keeps the idle up if running a/c etc.. But since I have all that stuff removed, should I? I've taken my intake off and with it running I've plugged the hole in the manifold and if I plug it completely it dies if I do it about halfway it idles fine( dealing with the 1-1.5 surge) so my question to you with this being said should I cough up the 250 or block it off?
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Also this is not a daily just a car for the weekend meets I go to
    93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Do it right, pay the $250 or go to a junkyard or eBay and fish until you find a working one. If you show up to a meet with a bouncing idle people will just laugh at you or give you the eyebrow(at least on the inside). The good thing about the autozone/advance/oreilly/etc ones is they generally come with a lifetime warranty, that's what you're really paying for, the parts themselves are junk and only worth about $30. The extra $200 or so is because you'll probably go through 4-6 of them before you junk or sell the car.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        Do it right, pay the $250 or go to a junkyard or eBay and fish until you find a working one. If you show up to a meet with a bouncing idle people will just laugh at you or give you the eyebrow(at least on the inside). The good thing about the autozone/advance/oreilly/etc ones is they generally come with a lifetime warranty, that's what you're really paying for, the parts themselves are junk and only worth about $30. The extra $200 or so is because you'll probably go through 4-6 of them before you junk or sell the car.
        ill probably end up doing that but would blocking it off even fix the bouncing idle?
        93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Bouncing idle? That is basically a vac leak your created isn't it. Did you pull out the PVC valve?
          With the euro r your IACV is inn the back is it not?
          If your running a euro r intake I assume you are tuned. I have a s300 and can adjust the duty cycle of the IACV. Have you tried to adjust the duty cycle?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
            Bouncing idle? That is basically a vac leak your created isn't it. Did you pull out the PVC valve?
            With the euro r your IACV is inn the back is it not?
            If your running a euro r intake I assume you are tuned. I have a s300 and can adjust the duty cycle of the IACV. Have you tried to adjust the duty cycle?

Steve
            IACV is in the back and unfortunately i am not tuned (yet) but after the swap i checked the IACV and the plug was broken the three prongs that are housed by the male plastic piece broke off and is stuck on the female plastic plug part so im guessing it messed with one of the metal prongs and is making it not work or its just broken
            93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Bump
              93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Why are you bumping? The consensus is to replace it. Until you do that, or come back with info that points to something otherwise, we can't tell you anything different.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                  Why are you bumping? The consensus is to replace it. Until you do that, or come back with info that points to something otherwise, we can't tell you anything different.
                  he asked if the block off would fix the bouncing idle

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                    he asked if the block off would fix the bouncing idle
                    exactly...if you don't know yes or no dont reply. he didn't ask for a "consensus"

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

With the IACV blocked off there should be no reason for a bouncing idle. So you should be good..

However high electrical loads are still going to bog down the engine and this is where the IACV would be handy.

BTW, if you unplugged it and it died your base idle isn't set correctly anyways.
                      1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                      2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

What ecu are you using. I misread and thought you just had the euro r intake. You have the whole motor.

So what ecu are you using. My tuner charges $100 an hour. If you don't have the right ecu there is no guarantee that replacing the IACV will do anything other than lighten your wallet.

Steve

You should be able to set your base idle at 900 or so and compensate for the lack of IACV.
                        I still think the surge is the FITV

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz View Post
                          With the IACV blocked off there should be no reason for a bouncing idle. So you should be good..

However high electrical loads are still going to bog down the engine and this is where the IACV would be handy.

BTW, if you unplugged it and it died your base idle isn't set correctly anyways.
                          ok im thinking about blocking it off not quite sure yet someone said it could possibly damage the motor over time

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                          What ecu are you using. I misread and thought you just had the euro r intake. You have the whole motor.

So what ecu are you using. My tuner charges $100 an hour. If you don't have the right ecu there is no guarantee that replacing the IACV will do anything other than lighten your wallet.

Steve

You should be able to set your base idle at 900 or so and compensate for the lack of IACV.
                          I still think the surge is the FITV
                          the p5m i think and i know i need to get it tuned someone suggested i get everything running right before i attempt the tune it
                          93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

I have the same issue with mine. Recently adjusted the timing and when I stepped on the gas & let off, it stalled. After a while, I figured it was the IAC Valve. I tested it and found that it doesn't even work!

I guess I too have to bite the bullet and buy a new unit. As JoeyGTR said, you're paying for the lifetime warranty. You might as well laminate that dang receipt...

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                            Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
                              I have the same issue with mine. Recently adjusted the timing and when I stepped on the gas & let off, it stalled. After a while, I figured it was the IAC Valve. I tested it and found that it doesn't even work!

I guess I too have to bite the bullet and buy a new unit. As JoeyGTR said, you're paying for the lifetime warranty. You might as well laminate that dang receipt...
                              Haha yea those things are VERY expensive still haven't picked one up, got a new engine harness to do a better tuck with and planning on buying a chipped p13 soon then it will be the IACV
                              93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Working...
                              X