No announcement yet.

SUSP: Manual rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see i wanna keep ac and ps, but have a clean bay, my solution, relocate both into trunk and run them off a 12v continuous motor that spins around 2-3k rpm, think about it you have ps and ac at idle so at 3k it should be good. and then all i gotta do is worry bout ac lines to the front and ps lines will be hard lines.

Comment

sweet DIY need to do this
      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed write up, Ill have to do this also when time permits, for the mean time I took off the PS belt when I changed to a non a/c belt. Engine wraps up so much faster without all that drag from the PS pump and A/C compressor

Comment

if anyone has step-by-step re-assembly pics, I would love to see them.

<-visual learner.
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

^ this totally.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Does anyone have any figures on performance or efficiency improvements due to the removal of the power steering pump (and possibly the VSS change as well, although I would think this much less than the power steering pump)? I'm interested in trying this out for the sake of increased fuel efficiency, as well as gaining some extra power. Someone mentioned the engine "wraps up" faster, but I have no idea what that means...

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                if anyone has step-by-step re-assembly pics, I would love to see them.

<-visual learner.
                Just do everything in reverse not to do. I've done 3

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                Does anyone have any figures on performance or efficiency improvements due to the removal of the power steering pump (and possibly the VSS change as well, although I would think this much less than the power steering pump)? I'm interested in trying this out for the sake of increased fuel efficiency, as well as gaining some extra power. Someone mentioned the engine "wraps up" faster, but I have no idea what that means...
                No need to change the vss. Yes the rpms will rev a little faster, You may get .5hp, Fuel economy depends on how you drive.
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

any specific grease to use?
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

nice write up but how about posting pic on how to take the rack out what need to be remove and what dont

Comment

excellent i took my p/s out ac was deleted by previous owner when he put the new rebuilt eng in it. if my tires are pumped up where they should be i can steer with the palm of my hand even from a stand still. only when they lose air pressure it get's hard to turn but i dont regret it one bit.

Comment

with out doing these mods its super tough to drive an accord with out PS. I prefer to have power steering and finally bought a pump, BUT considering the amount of work put into the conversion and the kind gesture of the OP to upload the knowledge, I would say its a worth while mod.

I go the the junk yard and see mods the people talk about on cb7t on alot of cars in the yard.

Comment

Alright guys I got it all apart and cleaned, now what grease have you guys been using to put it all back together?

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                            with out doing these mods its super tough to drive an accord with out PS. I prefer to have power steering and finally bought a pump, BUT considering the amount of work put into the conversion and the kind gesture of the OP to upload the knowledge, I would say its a worth while mod.

I go the the junk yard and see mods the people talk about on cb7t on alot of cars in the yard.
                            do you have toothpicks for arms? i did a ps delete and i can still turn my car with the palm of my hand. either way accords arn't hard to steer without ps they are actually pritty easy

Comment

nah bro im actually kinda big, see i didnt delete or convert to manual rack. I just removed the belt and pump(but i replaced that already) and i can say that doing u turns parallel parking and other fun things were a chore with out PS fuck that Ill always keep my PS

Comment

tire's inflated to proper pressure? i dont have mine converted to manual and i can steer witht he palm of my hand and im only 5'9" 200lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X