Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lifted cb7 honda accord 92 lx a.t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lifted cb7 honda accord 92 lx a.t

Basically what i want to ask is this. I recently purchased a cb7
    From someone CAR RUNS GREAT. But the thing is its lifted
    There are 2 metal spacers in each suspension all around
    The.car making it a high ride. The car has 14' rims NOT STOCK.
    SHOULD i remove the spacers or will it mess up anything?

Does it have sweet mud tires??,

Pics?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

There was a guy on here a while back asking about how to lift an Accord... I wonder if you just bought it.

Post some pics of these spacers. I'm curious to see what was done.
      But yes, unless anything else was significantly modified, removing them won't hurt anything. In fact, it'll probably make it a good deal safer.
      Also, lifting a car results in positive camber... which makes for one hell of a squirly ride!

Comment

The car more than likely had rims on it that rubbed. The spacers are doing nothing more than keeping the suspension from sagging. Pull them out, shouldn't have any issues.

I they are the twisted block looking ones, turn them with a 3/4" ratchet (your going to need a extention) and they pop out. If its the two plates with the bolts, run the nuts under the top plate down
        Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-18-2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Just upgrade and replace the suspension, they are 20 year old components and could use a refresh after the previous owner rolled around with mad phat dope super chrome 20" baller rims.

BTW 14" steelies are stock on an LX....

Peace out homie don't be a menace to Souf Central while drinking yo juice in the hood yo!

Comment

^^^Idk if he needed the lift or it just added to the look. Hard to believe it was needed considering how tall of a tire will fit. A 27x8.5 inch skid steer tire will fit and only rub when the wheel is turned all the way. If he went any taller he better like going straight because he would have next to no steering.

To answer your original question take them out you will have no problems. Check everything over might be a good idea to replace some stuff up front like others said they are 20 year old parts. We need pics of this btw.

Comment

Jesus!! The stock ride height is monstrous by itself, I would love to see this set-up before you break it down. Please post some pics.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Reminds me of the Honda built for mudding that was on here a few months back. You know the one with welded extended struts and axles...

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                  Jesus!! The stock ride height is monstrous by itself, I would love to see this set-up before you break it down. Please post some pics.
                  this right here. lol. stock is to high for my 17s im trying to figure out how to lower mine with low cost

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
                    this right here. lol. stock is to high for my 17s im trying to figure out how to lower mine with low cost
                    That is the worst place to skimp on cost... Just go buy a nice suspension or you are endangering others. Low cost usually means unsafe cut springs on stock struts... BAD IDEA...

If you spent the money on the rims, spend the money on the suspension too.

Comment

Lifted cb7

This the spacers I was talking about that it had

Comment

take them out .. they look more messed up now . the wheels are pretty nice

Comment

I might as well replace the springs huh to make it a smooth ride

Comment

The lifted look is actually kinda cool! But yeah... I can't imagine that's terribly safe. Replacing the springs might be a good idea. Who knows what sort of strain those spacers put on them.

Comment

whoever did this is an idiot. take those out and get new springs. possibly whole new struts.

Originally posted by scudweiser
                              i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X