Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life!

For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.
    The problem is that the advice given to them is dismissed because they think they know better. Unfortunately, almost everyone has to learn it the hard way!
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20, and everyone doesn't give good advice. Knowing how to distinguish between the good and bad advice is a lesson in itself. That's a start.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

It's easier for them to believe advice given when the person giving it is a good example. Lots of young people don't have elders they respect so when someone does give them guidance they don't put a lot of stock in it.
        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Personally when I was younger, I found it difficult to fully "associate" with the advice I was getting and reading. Like it seems to always be simplified into cliche terms without proper context, and it's almost impossible to derive the real meaning and apply it to your life. As time has been going by and I've been learning stuff on my own, its like constant revelations of, "OMG THATS WHAT THEY MEAN WHEN THEY SAY _____". Realizing this, I've been trying to dig deeper into misc advice I get going forward, and try to understand the core of where it's really coming from. Unfortunately not having been there, it's difficult to imagine (let alone understand) a different way of thinking, if you weren't the one who made the discovery yourself. Life advice isn't always referring to specific referenceable terminology and part numbers - words are loaded and it is difficult to really convey life advice in "snippets" online.
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-01-2019, 12:14 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Help to instill confidence in the young ones and encourage the love of science. Encourage them to accomplish their goals regardless of what they may be.

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Teach them how to learn. There is excess information everywhere. Finding the right knowledge is a lifelong skill

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Some lessons cannot be taught, they have to be learned.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Teach them how to learn. There is excess information everywhere. Finding the right knowledge is a lifelong skill
                  Along the same lines, resourcefulness is a big one if you're able to teach that. I have a friend that is insanely resourceful. He just knows how to find shit, and is great with networking people that are useful in whatever way, and I envy him for it. But at least he's my friend, so I have that indirect connection.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    The problem is that the advice given to them is dismissed because they think they know better. Unfortunately, almost everyone has to learn it the hard way!
                    Once I recognized this truth, I started creating situations that they would learn the hard way but allowed me to still control the outcome. Focused more on making sure they experienced life events that would expose them to the hard way I guess is what I am saying, knowing they would need my advice and help once they “needed it”

I created my position of need rather than thinking I could teach in advance

Very helpful approach to me as a parent
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                    X