Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No prob bros. I hope we can all eventually help one another out to getting our cars back up to par mechanically (bodywork is another world). For those interested in the performance modification route, we can do that too! I'm excited to help people out (in warmer weather primarily hahaha).
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

guys i feel soooo bad! i really REALLY want to go to this meet but i dont have the 90bucks to make the CB safe to drive and on top of that i may have blown a strut...*tear*

Comment

the guy i bought the CB from didnt take care of it at all. so now, unfortunatley, i have to suffer from it!

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
          the guy i bought the CB from didnt take care of it at all. so now, unfortunatley, i have to suffer from it!
          You think $90 is bad? This makes me sick to think but...this is the second year in a row that I'll spend OVER a THOUSAND big ones to keep this car running in good shape! Last year, I bought all new ball joints and all new struts and springs and hardware...this year it's timing belt, tires, exhaust, and brakes. It just doesn't end when it comes to a car. Jeez...

On top of that, yeah you nailed it on the head, Cisco! Body work IS a whole other world! This car is falling apart, and it barely merits the money I'm spending on it! What kills me the most is the fact that no matter how much energy I spend keeping the car maintained mechanically, it's just going to eventually rot away in rust! Not fair, especially when I love keeping this extremely unlikely car in good shape.

Comment

...I'm hoping that I can sell this car eventually to someone on the forums. It's really gotten royal treatment from me.

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2
              You think $90 is bad? This makes me sick to think but...this is the second year in a row that I'll spend OVER a THOUSAND big ones to keep this car running in good shape! Last year, I bought all new ball joints and all new struts and springs and hardware...this year it's timing belt, tires, exhaust, and brakes. It just doesn't end when it comes to a car. Jeez...
              dude! right now for me any amount of money that has to be spent on anything is bad cuz i have no job and no more savings to fall back on! and its all thanks to my car!
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-05-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Brett & Nate,

I know your pain, but have a different outlook. The fact is, these 90-93 Accords (even 94-97) are easier to work on than most cars, are quality and reliable.

People forget that the only reason you still see these cars on the road today are because of my above statement! A car does wear, especially in this region. Personally, I know that assuming these cars have been in this region their lifetime, they will need suspension restoration around 200K miles.

However, when you get these cars up to par, it is a great car with good gas mileage. Also, these cars are typically paid-in-full, low insurance.

Consider if you like the 4th & 5th gen Accords, I recommend looking for one with the best body possible in your area. IMO, the rest can be fixed and if you retain your current car, many good parts can be interchanged to reduce overall expense.

If you choose to retain your current car and can live with the look of the body, then we can fix that too.

Comment

A question for your all...

For the most part, how many PAY for shop labor and how many do most of the work yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                    A question for your all...

For the most part, how many PAY for shop labor and how many do most of the work yourself?
                    For the most part, I do the work myself. I've saved SO MUCH in labor costs by getting the repairs done in this way. I'll be doing the new cat., midpipe, and muffler, and all four brake pads and rotors this week when I get them!

...of course, there are times that I get lazy and pay to have work done. Like my fuel filter :-)

Comment

Brett, hopefully you're ready with cutoff tools in case of rusted fasteners when dealing with exhaust systems that have been exposed to this region.

Comment

dude! right now for me any amount of money that has to be spent on anything is bad cuz i have no job and no more savings to fall back on! and its all thanks to my car!
                        So Nate, are you coming to the meet? You should just ride with your friend if you're concerned about your car. (we don't want you to take any chances, obviously!)

Comment

Pazzword JDM seems interested, linked him back to this thread, silly rabbit couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
                            So Nate, are you coming to the meet? You should just ride with your friend if you're concerned about your car. (we don't want you to take any chances, obviously!)
                            yes indeed
                            i will be attending!

Comment

yes indeed
                              i will be attending!
                              Sweetness, looking forward to meeting you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by nate'scb7 View Post
                                yes Indeed
                                I Will Be Attending!
                                Noice!

Comment

Working...
                                X