Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on AoM, well deserved!

Comment

Congrats on AoM! I love Ruby, and the fact that you have put so much time and effort into restoring her to OEM perfection! She should serve your family very well for years to come.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

It's like a model

Comment

Thank you gentlemen!

Been traveling and working a lot lately, so I finally got back to putting things back together today. Note to self - mount the wiring harness across the back of the engine before installing the engine. It is a pain in the neck trying to run the harness behind the engine with it installed. Removed the intake manifold brace and oil filter, then wrapped the harness in one leg of a pair of pantyhose to keep it more compact to thread it across the back of the engine. Installed a new shaft seal in the distributor. Trying to clean everything as I put it back in.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

My distributor shaft seal was leaking like crazy all over the top of my transmission. Replaced that, and I haven't had to clean off the top of my transmission since.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

So you finally got around to installing the A6! Great work Paul, now I just need you to come out here and do mine
              Originally posted by cb7dazz
              And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              ...for example

Comment

Got the engine in, but all the little bits afterward are taking way too long. I keep getting interrupted by work, stuff at home, moving my mother-in-law, etc. I had to do some work (radiator, oil change, trans fluid change) to the 92 EX my son is taking to college tomorrow.

I did get new front shocks installed in Ruby.

Other stuff done includes new lower control arm bushings, new sway bar links, stripped and painted lower shock forks, all new hoses.
                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:35 PM.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Beanstune stamp of approval. I love the Bilstein's.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Finally got it put back together. Just have to refinish the exhaust manifold cover. I have another valve cover to redo as well; trying to decide whether to stay with wrinkle black or go with some other color. Currently running on the LX ECM to get it out of the garage (so I can put the Town Car in).

Sept. 14: Drove it to work today; not sure what the difference is (tighter clearances?), but the engine runs as quiet as a church on Thursday. Adjusted the clutch pedal some - it engaged too close to the floor. The Bilsteins feel great compared to the old KYB GR2s, although the new (slightly used) stock springs raised the front end compared to the old Auto Zone front springs. Painted and installed the exhaust manifold cover.

Sept. 20: Installed the PT6 ECM and swapped the wire from the Intake Air Control (valve in lower intake duct upstream of filter box) to the position to operate the Intake Air Bypass (IAB) on the manifold. Still need to undo the harness to run it to the IAB solenoid. Also have to troubleshoot cruise control, it doesn't work since the swap (fuse is good, switch light comes on, but it won't engage). Vacuum and electrical are connected to the actuator.

Sept. 22: Found the rubber stopper for the clutch switch on the clutch pedal missing (now I remember seeing part of it when vacuuming it the other day) so the switch plunger was sticking through the hole in the pedal. One of the plastic retainers for the front fender liners fit the hole snugly and fixed the problem.

Sept. 27: Took it to Cleveland and back yesterday for work. Filled up south of Cleveland, then again when I got home just to check highway mileage - got better than 35 for that short part of the trip (238 miles).

Oct. 10: Had a new windshield installed today - I just got tired of looking at the couple cracks; one right up in front of the driver, the other across the bottom. The guy took $50 off because he couldn't get the new trim across the top of the windshield to sit down on the glass.
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Reached 1/3 of a million miles today. Had to take a detour to the hardware store on the way home - it hit this as I parked in the driveway - it even went about a third of the way between .3 and .4! I figured I was going to have to cheat and drive around the block to get it just right for the photo. I was contemplating how much of the car is still original parts: body except the quarter panels, carpet, cruise control hardware, AC system, harnesses and fuse boxes, dash including cluster, steering column, some of the door panels(?), rear and 3 of 4 door glass, side mirrors, right side window regulators, auto shoulder belt drives, power brake booster(?), brake lines, calipers, rear wheel cylinders and drums, trunk lining, front cross members, rear trailing arms and control arms, front radius rods and knuckles.

Next major milestone: 400,000 ---- At 12,000 per year, that'll be about May 2021.
                      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-18-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

This car is in such great condition for the age and milage! I love that you took the time to clean everything before you put the other engine in. There's a special place in my heart for fairly stock super clean Accords.

Comment

Ruby and Jade in Pensacola last weekend, a quick additional 1,500 miles. They were both white with salt that morning from the trip down even though we managed to route around the snow storm in KY and TN. 7,000 miles now on the new engine, uses virtually no oil, 32+ mpg coming home. Met briefly with SE Girl to deliver some parts, goofed and didn't get a photo with her car.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I didn't even think to get a pic! Maybe next time you come down we can get a photo.
                            I'm glad I got to see Ruby in person. She's every bit as gorgeous as she is in her photos!

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                            Ruby and Jade in Pensacola last weekend, a quick additional 1,500 miles. They were both white with salt that morning from the trip down even though we managed to route around the snow storm in KY and TN. 7,000 miles now on the new engine, uses virtually no oil, 32+ mpg coming home. Met briefly with SE Girl to deliver some parts, goofed and didn't get a photo with her car.

Comment

Glad everyone made it down there and back okay. Can't wait until you hit 400k. Ruby is looking amazing after all the work you have done. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Just missed catching 345,678.9 on the odometer last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X