No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I just purchased some things. Some items will be here Saturday, some Monday and some Tuesday.

Powerbuilt 648691 Oxygen Sensor Socket

Craftsman 9-32999 0-75 ft lbs 3/8" Drive Beam Deflection Torque Wrench

Walker 35119 Exhaust Insulators / Hangers x6

NGK V-Power Spark Plugs ZFR5F-11 # 2262 x4

Genuine Honda 91301-PT0-003 Lower Spark Plug Seals x4

And an oil change to go with the newly set valve lash.

Valvoline 10w30 Conventional

Mann ML1002 Oil Filter

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      Shiny parts on an old beater.
      Drive it upside down?
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Drive it upside down?

I'll think about it.

Comment

Walker 35119 exhaust hangers arrived today as did the Powerbuilt 648691 oxygen sensor socket.

Might as well do it all while I'm at it.

Comment

They didn't have the Mann ML-1002 Oil filter I wanted so I picked up a Bosch D3312 Distance Plus which is supposed to be a really good oil filter. Kinda of excited to see it. Sounds odd I'm sure but I've never used one so it will be neat to examine it when it arrives.

I also picked up a DC Sports RHWA-002 30" 4-Wire O2 Sensor Extension harness. Hopefully it works. Should be here Tuesday.

Comment

Ready for an oil change. The oil filter is by far the heaviest I've came across. Other than that all I can assume is that it should be adequate.

Comment

The DC Sports header arrived today. It came with the same O2 extension harness I bought... But that's cool. I'll have a spare.

Lower spark plug tube seals and spark plugs arrived as well.

Comment

Reviewed valve lash procedure and written down key parts. I have to do this every time as it's one of those things I cannot remember.

---

Set cylinder 1 to TDC. Rotate crank counterclockwise until white flywheel mark is aligned with pointer.

Remove rocker arm assembly.

Replace seals.

Follow torque sequence provided...

6mm bolts are 9 ftlbs.

8mm bolts are 16 ftlbs.

Intake is .010" and exhaust is .012".

Cylinder numbers (4) (3) (2) (1)

At TDC cylinder 1 set lash.

---

From TDC cylinder 1, rotate crank 180* counter clockwise. Cam will rotate 90*.

Up mark on cam gear pointed to exhaust side.

Set cylinder 3 lash.

---

Rotate crank 180* counter clockwise.

Up mark on cam gear pointed down.

Set cylinder 4 lash.

---

Rotate crank 180* counter clockwise.

Up mark on cam gear pointed to intake side.

Set cylinder 2 lash.

---

Acorn nuts on valve cover torqued to 7 ftlbs prior to Hondabond HT applied to cam cap covers on valve cover gasket.

Now I'll have the simplified version. The DIY is nice but a headache to read and mixed between inch pounds and foot pounds.

Comment

That exhaust looks nice!

How much was that header? I'm considering getting one, I'm sick of my noisy eBay header!
                    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      That exhaust looks nice!

How much was that header? I'm considering getting one, I'm sick of my noisy eBay header!
                      It was $271.99 w/ free shipping on Amazon. I have Amazon prime so I don't know what it would have been had I not had prime.

The cat was $139.15 and the catback was $269.00. I'm in deeper than I ever wanted to be honestly. But I think the exhaust system will outlast the car. With that being said maybe I can use it on a future CB? Idk...

Comment

The Craftsman torque wrench arrived today. As did the DC Sports o2 extension harness that I don't need!

This torque wrench was $25.99 shipped. I wanted a beam type being in the price range I was looking at. For what I'm doing this will be more than adequate.

Comment

Got the exhaust on. Header, cat and catback.

Had to modify the front torque mount bracket. I put a couple quick notches in it with the angle grinder then tapped it inward. I had to remove the bolt and the nut in order to get the header in place. Took an extra 5 minutes.

The nut comes close to touching it and there isn't a lot of room between the header and the nut. I may modify the the nut in the future if I find that it's coming in contact with the header. But I don't expect it to.

I can tell that it woke the F22A1 up performance wise. Nothing spectacular but a noticeable difference. I imagine this exhaust system is quite a bit more efficient than factory.

There is absolutely no rasp at any RPM. It sounds good at idle, a deep sound you can feel on your chest a little. Midrange it sounds awesome. It's louder than I thought it would be midrange. By quite a bit but I don't mind it because it sounds good. The odd thing is up high like 5000rpm and up it gets quiet. But there isn't any power up there especially near 5800-6000 and this car has hardly ever seen that much rpm.

It will do for what I wanted. It should last a good long while.

Comment

The exhaust gave this car a pretty large performance boost considering. I drive a turbo car every day and have played with boost settings quite a bit. That being said I can say I'm very impressed. On ramps and out on the highway this things pulls pretty good. Very pleased.

Comment

It's funny, I bought the same exact torque wrench almost ten years ago for a very similar job on my car. That's a very nice looking header, though I am surprised at how close it was to the mount. I've heard good things about Yonaka exhausts so far from other people as well. Kinda wish I could still utilize an exhaust of that diameter just so I could try one out. What kind of catalytic converter did you go with? High flow or stock replacement?

Comment

I think it may be because it's an automatic? This stuff isn't as fresh in my brain as it used to be. But I recall that the brackets may be different between auto and manual. And maybe the header was designed for use with a manual. I don't really know what went on there.

It's a Magnaflow 22624 direct fit. I don't think it's high flow or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X