owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks alot for the compliments!

84Blazin - All of the pics were taken on Lake Havasu.

jdmsilvercb7 - Thanks. I try very hard to keep it clean, even though it is daily driven. I also try to keep a clean simple look. I am not a big fan of many accessories, and I like a more European look.

PRIMOCB7 - With as cool as your car is, I consider that a real compliment.

My goal with this car has always been to make BMW and Mercedes owners look. I also, want to keep a clean OEM (if they can tell the factory didn't do it, it isn't good enough ) look while trying to be original. It is getting very hard to not be stock and still be original because there are so many cars on here with so many different things done. Ultimately, I build the car for me, but hey if other people like it too, that is ok.

Thanks again guys.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

hey scott the car looks awsome just wanted to drop by and say hey also.

Comment

Hey,

We are baking Ray's headlights right now, so mine should be good to ship out soon.

Finally LOL.

I am also going to have the fogs off and the bumpers ambered by tomorrow.

Comment

Beautiful car. The outstanding photography really sets the car off. You make me like 90-91's again.

Comment

lol thanks man its cool hope the lights turn out good and take some pics so i can see em...just lemme know when u get ready to ship urs...

dunno if ray has my address or not but its
            Jaymi Tillman
            10109 Petillo Hill Rd
            Dardanelle AR 72834

thanks guys tell ray i said thanks also...

Comment

Bullet - will do. I don't know when I will get the chance to pull mine out, I have the JDM's ready to go in, but I don't know that I will be around next weekend. I will keep you posted.

AccordWarrior - Thanks for the compliment! I actually like the 90-91s better, for some reason I always have... I am probably about the only one on here LOL!

I will be making a few changes to the front end of the car, and then it is pretty much done exterior wise.

Comment

nice ride bro looks clean

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
                If God is for Me
                Who Dares be aganist Me!
                BX Crew
                HSHO # 6
                Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

Originally posted by jdm91cb
                  nice ride bro looks clean

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.

Comment

damnnn ur car is clean!!!!!
                    my ride

Comment

Originally posted by FaMoUsBaDbOi
                      damnnn ur car is clean!!!!!
                      Thanks!

Comment

anytime bro
                        how did u get is so cleaan?
                        my ride

Comment

I actually just have a few really basic things I do. Keep in mind that it has over 209,000 miles. Although part of the rearend has been painted due to someone elses lack of attention, most of it is original.

1) I try to keep it washed as much as I can. There are times that I can't wash it for a couple months though and it is brown. That is where the rest of the tricks come in.

2) I use Zymol wax twice a year, and apply it in thick layers. I have tried about every top grade wax and I like it the best.

3) After I wash and dry the exterior, I take a dry terry towel and dry/clean all of the door jambs, trunk runs, and hood areas. It is easiest this way because you don't have to fight gunk buildup.

4) I use Genuine Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish on everything I can't remove easily with hand soap/elbow grease. If you let it sit for a few seconds, most stuff just wipes right off. And it polishes too.

5) I use Blue Magic polishing cream on all polished metal surfaces like the exhaust. I use Genuine Honda window cleaner. I used to use Stoner's clear glass or whatever, but it always fogged within a week.

6) I use soap and handwater on the interior and then finish it off with Honda Vinyl and Leather Protectant (Again, used most of them and liked this one the best).

7) I degrease the engine compartment about once a year with Autozone degreaser and then finish it off with CD2 engine detailer. A lot of people say that if you use stuff like that, it makes the engine dirtier than if you don't. My experience has shown that to not be true in the case of CD2. I don't really get a lot of buildup in that year, it pretty much always looks like that. I also work hard to make sure that stuff isn't leaking all over the place.

8) I just use plain Armor-all on the tires. I wipe it off almost immediately because I hate the "greasy" look.

That is really about it. I still drive the car 15-20K per year in all weather, so it isn't a garage queen by any means.

Comment

damn thats alot work
                            i better get started lol
                            thnx for the tips
                            keep it lookin clean bro
                            check my car out too
                            my ride

Comment

I actually was posting on yours while you were posting on mine!

TAG!

Comment

lol
                                niice timing huh
                                my ride

Comment

Working...
                                X