wtf is wrong?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf is wrong?!?!?!

ok....so last week i am driving right chillin all of a sudden my car just dies.....and it wasn't one of those casual deaths it was a complete shut off......so the first thing that came to my head was the fuel pump or fuel pressure checked all that it was fine.....then i had a mechanic tell me that it maybe the distributor.....replaced that....and still does the samething.....after heating the car up i find that about 10 minutes after driving it dies on me...my heat guage shows that i am not over heating so i dont understand y its just dieing like this?!?!?.....but what was wierd was that i checked my radiator and there was absoutely no coolant inside i filled it back up and checked for any leaks didnt see any....could the coolant be leaking into the motor and clogging it up??!!!!......right before my car started to die i experienced white smoke blowing out my exhaust pipe.....i was told that my car was burning coolant.....someone plez help i dont understand....oh by the way i have an h22a swap if that helps any.

burning coolant = blown head gasket, as far as I know.

Comment

My mother in law had the same problem with her camry. She didnt have any coolant issues, she didnt burn any coolant. Her problem was the coolant temp sensor. It was fuxored, so when the vehicle was warmed up, the sensor thought the vehicle was cold still and had the computer add more fuel and the car died from too much fuel. Take that into consideration if its not a coolant issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7vtec
        ok....so last week i am driving right chillin all of a sudden my car just dies.....and it wasn't one of those casual deaths it was a complete shut off......so the first thing that came to my head was the fuel pump or fuel pressure checked all that it was fine.....then i had a mechanic tell me that it maybe the distributor.....replaced that....and still does the samething.....after heating the car up i find that about 10 minutes after driving it dies on me...my heat guage shows that i am not over heating so i dont understand y its just dieing like this?!?!?.....but what was wierd was that i checked my radiator and there was absoutely no coolant inside i filled it back up and checked for any leaks didnt see any....could the coolant be leaking into the motor and clogging it up??!!!!......right before my car started to die i experienced white smoke blowing out my exhaust pipe.....i was told that my car was burning coolant.....someone plez help i dont understand....oh by the way i have an h22a swap if that helps any.
        Sound very similar to what happened to me.....my issue WAS most definately a blown head gasket. Do this, fill up your radiator with water or coolant, start your car with the radiator cap off, let it run for a couple minutes, then press hard on the gas pedal to rev the engine........if you see coolant or water spraying int the air from the radiator you got a blown head gasket. Try it but be careful
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

that has happen to me before too, but not often ....check your connections on the alternator and battery, might just be that....good luck

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
          Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
          1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

sounds like a blown head gasket...

Comment

damn if its a blow head gasket its gonna be a mission...but will a blow head gasket make my car shut off like that?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7vtec
                damn if its a blow head gasket its gonna be a mission...but will a blow head gasket make my car shut off like that?
                it can also make your car not start
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

yeah sometimes the car won't start after it shuts off the....lol i need to get that fixed asap thanx for all the help!!!!!

Comment

might of warped your head. hope not though.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                    My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
                      might of warped your head. hope not though.
                      hey man quit playin! lol j/k i hope not too

Comment

I did that.... and just used it as an excuse to bore it out and get bigger pistons lol

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                        My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Working...
                        X