B-pillar door trim remove/replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B-pillar door trim remove/replace?

I've been trying to figure out how to remove just the outer metal trim portions. The sections on my doors were bent out many years ago and I can't just simply push them back. I pulled up the weather stripping and noted the screws behind the black vinyl but they seem unrelated.

Anyone replaced these sections before? Is it a piece I can remove from a junkyard car, without damaging it, to use on my own car?

honestly i knw how to do it but im at work im gonna see what i can do to help you

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

Yes, they are removable. Pull weather stripping out of the gutter. You will have to roll your windows down. There will be 3 philips screws there. Undo all 3 and simply pop them off. Be careful you dont lose those screws though. If you have any more questions ask away

Comment

Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll be picking some up at the yard this weekend.

Comment

Did you find the 3 screws and did it pop off like told? I want to do this asap when I repaint rails and maybe the trim.
          As you can see from my pre -tint picture, the pillar needs to be done. I could just put tape on the windows and spray it. That would be easier?
          Last edited by SilverShadow; 07-31-2012, 04:06 AM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
          New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
          My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

I got help understanding the driver's pillar but not the rear smaller ones...do they also have the screws holding them to the B pillar? Also ..I have a wagon...Will sedan front be the same? What brand paint is good asking from
            our member's experiences as I see so many!
            Last edited by SilverShadow; 04-16-2014, 08:53 PM.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

I've painted them right on the car with something called "Trim Black", I'll have to check the brand tomorrow. I've used the same paint on wiper arms.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I am aware I could paint them as they sit on car, but I have a bent one or another and need to remove them to either replace or bend it back. One the wagon, I have removed the front divers' cover once. I remember how you must go slow and NOT lose the screws when you do it. I need to now remove the ones on passengers'. I'm going to remove the weather strip and see.
                I will either do video or pictures because it's asked so many times. Wish me luck!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Yes its 3 screws for the back door windows too. Just facing the other way. You don't need luck, just patience and maybe a magnet wand if you drop a screw. They're little

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                    Yes its 3 screws for the back door windows too. Just facing the other way. You don't need luck, just patience and maybe a magnet wand if you drop a screw. They're little
                    Yes I noticed and wished my tools were magnetized.

(by the way in your little quote at the bottom correct spelling is 'since' not 'sence')

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      I've painted them right on the car with something called "Trim Black", I'll have to check the brand tomorrow. I've used the same paint on wiper arms.
                      Yea, a good look at that product will help. I stand and look like a fool in front of the paint display trying to figure out which one to buy and then walk away because I think I'll buy the wrong one. Will appreciate the recommendation.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

I used some exterior vinyl (3m dinoc) I got tired of painting them. 4 years and still looks good in my opinion.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                          I used some exterior vinyl (3m dinoc) I got tired of painting them. 4 years and still looks good in my opinion.

Steve
                          I don't understand what product you used. Where did you get it, what does the can look like, and how did you apply it?
                          I think the question was answered as to how they (the pillars) are removed. Now to take them off and buy the paint. OH I mustn't forget the magnetic screwdriver! I will be doing this around the 5th of May. I will take some photos of my work for a DIY and then everyone can comment on how wrong I did it! LOL

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                          X