CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 07-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
AnimaHaynes
Newcomer

AnimaHaynes is cool... so far.
93 SE found a future with me

Been lurking for awhile but I finally have the time to share.

I've had it for almost a year but generally wasn't into cars at the time, I had just gotten out of a bad relationship with an 04 Ford Taurus that I had for 6 years and was my first vehicle, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Driving the CB7 quickly changed that and now I'm working on cleaning it up and maybe doing much more to it when finished with college.

Here's a list of things that need done in order of what I deem to be my priorities (though I've already fixed some things out of order).
  1. Fix oil cooler leak
  2. Remove pinstripe
  3. Install rear driver side window regulator
  4. Fix water leak if possible.
    Debris build-up above wheel well in trunk, don't know what to make of it
    Leak point at vent
    Another leak point likely from weatherstripping/molding at bottom of rear window
    Another leak point of similar nature
  5. Replace windshield and rear window molding/weatherstripping. Links are only a few shots of how bad it is
    A corner
    A side
  6. Fix lines in rear window defroster.
  7. Replace Window and door weatherstripping
    One spot
    Another spot
  8. Check weak heater???
  9. Replace rubber strips on roof
    Condition of one of them
  10. Fix rusted taillight bolt hole
  11. Check weak parking brake
  12. Remove the remote start module or install new one???
    Deluxe Remote Starter Module why?
  13. Fix ABS light, probably water damage from trunk leak
  14. Replace fender, hood, doors, and possibly roof.
    Fender and Hood dents
    Front passenger side door
    Rear passenger side door
    Roof is more like, be easier to cut and weld another one than to repaint
  15. Fix power locks
  16. Replace driver side door light
  17. Fix seatbelt sensor???
  18. Check and replace old airbags if necessary
  19. Re-Clear coat or repaint if necessary
  20. Replace rims
  21. New head unit and possibly replace antenna (assuming antenna doesn't work or leaks when in use since there was another antenna installed)
  22. Attempt to find more worthwhile things to fix/replace/add
  23. Air conditioner

Things I've fixed so far:
  1. Replaced torn up passenger seat
    Clean untorn seats
  2. Removed antenna that stuck to rear window
  3. Moved head unit into my other car (1st gen CL) that I'm preparing to sell (Original head unit was broken in other car)
  4. Replaced trunk lid
    Old trunk lid
  5. Fixed surging idle
  6. Replaced bad distributor
  7. Replaced tail light assemblies and gaskets
  8. Replaced broken dash frame
    It was broken where the head unit sits, this is new one
  9. Replaced gauge cluster (original's fuel gauge and speedometer didn't work)
  10. Replaced front driver side window regulator

I should mention, my local junkyard recently received a 93 SE of the exact same color with all the clear coat in its proper location and most body panels completely dent and scratch free, so I've been going out of the way to grab parts like that trunk lid recently. Pulling the hood later Today and possibly the fender, going to pull both passenger side doors soon, and maybe cut and weld the roof onto mine. I have more experience with welding than I do with paint and don't have the kind of money at this time for a respectable repaint. It seems like just about every single piece of weather stripping needs to be replaced, doubt this car has ever stayed in a garage over night and sadly I live in an apartment so the trend has continued. If one of the previous owners happen to recognize their old ride right now, you happen to have the remote/fob to that remote starter???????? Worth a shot lol

Is it green? Is it blue? Depends on the weather.

AnimaHaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Very cool. And an SE!

It will be interesting to see the progress! Welcome!

Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-19-2019 at 08:10 PM.
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #3
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Not sure I understand cutting out and welding in a new roof unless it was severely damaged or rusted. If you weld a new one in, you'd have to repaint it as well, so you might as well paint what you have.

The oil cooler leak is likely the o-ring between the cooler and the block.

ABS light is most likely a wheel sensor or the pump; this system doesn't age well. If you jump the service connector (blue connector with two wires under the right side of the dash), it will flash a code to give an indication of the problem.

The rear window lower trim is held by eight clips that penetrate the body; each one has a gasket that ages and cracks/splits and allows water to leak into the trough below which is why you see staining where you do. The water tends to run to either side to flood in the inside of the quarter panels.

The vent on the left side can relatively easily be removed (even with the bumper still attached by just undoing the front end, then flexing it outward); replace the gasket with some weatherstripping from the hardware store.

INVENTORY REDUCTION! LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
I love the comfort of SE seats. I had a black pair from a 91? SE in a 91EX years ago. Super hot in the summer but very comfortable.

As for the ABS I think I've owned 8 or 9 CB7's and only one had ABS that worked. And I think it eventually quit working on me. Anyhow, I didn't think the ABS was very effective. My current 93 EX's ABS doesn't work. On each CB7 with ABS I've owned and checked like fleetwood described it's always been one of the rear ABS wheel speed sensors. If I recall the rears are harder to find and more expensive. Being as I've experienced a properly working ABS system on a CB7 I've never felt the need to repair since. I just remove the ABS computer in the trunk to turn the ABS light off on the cluster. Although I must say that I understand why having a functional ABS system is desirable. The car came with it and it's always nice to get something working as intended. Especially being only available in the upper trim packages.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:50 AM   #5
AnimaHaynes
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post
Very cool. And an SE!

It will be interesting to see the progress! Welcome!
Thanks, glad to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Not sure I understand cutting out and welding in a new roof unless it was severely damaged or rusted. If you weld a new one in, you'd have to repaint it as well, so you might as well paint what you have.

The oil cooler leak is likely the o-ring between the cooler and the block.

ABS light is most likely a wheel sensor or the pump; this system doesn't age well. If you jump the service connector (blue connector with two wires under the right side of the dash), it will flash a code to give an indication of the problem.

The rear window lower trim is held by eight clips that penetrate the body; each one has a gasket that ages and cracks/splits and allows water to leak into the trough below which is why you see staining where you do. The water tends to run to either side to flood in the inside of the quarter panels.

The vent on the left side can relatively easily be removed (even with the bumper still attached by just undoing the front end, then flexing it outward); replace the gasket with some weatherstripping from the hardware store.
My buddy had the same response when I had the idea but if the roof panel for this car is welded how I think it is then I think I can get away with it, the places I would have to paint would all be covered up once everything is back in place, though I could be wrong. I'll have to take a serious look at it to know for sure. Either way I'd be messing around on a junkyard roof before I ever touched my own car. Cut off the whole top and take it home for inspection and maybe removal. Probably a dumb idea, but I think it would be fun to try.

Thanks for the tips on the other stuff, that's exactly what's leaking on the oil cooler. Also replaced the hood yesterday, but didn't have time for the fender, next time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post
I love the comfort of SE seats. I had a black pair from a 91? SE in a 91EX years ago. Super hot in the summer but very comfortable.

As for the ABS I think I've owned 8 or 9 CB7's and only one had ABS that worked. And I think it eventually quit working on me. Anyhow, I didn't think the ABS was very effective. My current 93 EX's ABS doesn't work. On each CB7 with ABS I've owned and checked like fleetwood described it's always been one of the rear ABS wheel speed sensors. If I recall the rears are harder to find and more expensive. Being as I've experienced a properly working ABS system on a CB7 I've never felt the need to repair since. I just remove the ABS computer in the trunk to turn the ABS light off on the cluster. Although I must say that I understand why having a functional ABS system is desirable. The car came with it and it's always nice to get something working as intended. Especially being only available in the upper trim packages.
I completely agree on those seats, I really miss 'em when driving the daily. I hadn't considered just removing the ABS, it'll definitely be something I consider once I actually make time to diagnose it and possibly see the price of those wheel sensors. However, you hit the nail on the head too, making the car be as it was intended to be is what I'm generally shooting for but some things like the original speakers, head unit, and perhaps the ABS are better off getting left behind.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Who knows, you may diagnose the ABS system and get it figured out.

Keep us updated on the progress!
Old 08-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
The color is Geneva Green Pearl, color code G-62P. Exclusive to the 93 SE.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #8
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
You've got quite the gem there. Geneva Green Pearl or G-62-P is a rather rare color since it was only exclusive to the 93MY. Next to Seattle Silver Metallic from 1991 they're highly sought after in terms of four doors.

fleetw00d pretty much cover all the bases on what you need to do and the ABS is fairly easy if it's just a failed sensor, if it is indeed the pump, you're better off deleting it but it's harder with the engine in the bay so you'd have quite the work to do on it.

Do all the basic maint and that car will last quite awhile.

Other than that, welcome to the forums.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Last edited by HenRoc; 08-13-2019 at 12:57 PM.
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:19 AM   #9
AnimaHaynes
Newcomer

End of Summer update

Not sure if I should continue to update from this post or move somewhere else but figure it's fine for now.

College started back up so progress comes to a complete halt for a couple months atleast. Might sneak something in inbetween Fall and Winter term, not sure yet.

Now where to start, I replaced the hood around the time of my second post. Then I replaced the dented up fender and rusted door soon after. Early August I took care of the leak in the trunk that came from the trim of the back window, it's been raining heavily for the past month and the trunk doesn't fill with water like it used to but can still see some dampness, good enough for now. Around that time I had to focus on fixing my up Acura to sell before College started up again. So I spent the rest of the Summer doing that and sold it.

By the time I sold the Acura, I only had maybe a week before the term started so I replaced the rear passenger door and removed the pinstripe, though the pinstripe needs more attention still as there's a bit left behind on both fenders. Last thing I did was take care of the oil leak on Tuesday, so that's fixed.

Other things I've been thinking about doing is making some cosmetic upgrades, JDM headlights, red & white taillights, repainting the valve cover, and getting one of those grills that says "accord" on it. And I can't stand those rims, may be the next thing that gets "fixed". I have to start considering the rear defroster and heater and defroster again though, either way the car may be getting a lot more personalized soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
Other than that, welcome to the forums.
Thanks!

Old 11-05-2019, 08:55 AM   #10
i-07
CB7tuner Member

i-07 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to i-07 Send a message via MSN to i-07 Send a message via Skype™ to i-07
I love that color. Welcome

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: