Help me find a winter beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me find a winter beater

As some of you may or may not know I am in the market for finding a winter beater.....I had a toyota 4runner pretty much bought a few weeks ago....then my sister said shed give me her 93 protege.....so i passed on the 4runner thinking the protege was in good shape....i thought it was since my bro in law had just dumped about 1500 into it before he took it off the road....but the car is rusted in places its not worth fixing.

So now im back to where I was....and yet again im sick of searching....so im looking for my fellow cbers to help me out again.....tho this time im not looking for a cb

What Im looking for is something less than 1000 bucks.....Id prefer 4wd or awd tho its not a neceissty at this point....I dont care about rust as long as it isnt affecting the frame or any other place where it cant be fixed by fiberglass.....It has to be mechanically fine.....I dont want to get a car then have to dump money into to get it safetied.....If it needs minor repairs thats fine....just nothing thats gonna cost me over 400-500 bucks on top of the car.....Im not expecting a perfect car for the price im looking at.....all I want is something that will be able to be put on the road fairly easily

Things Ive been looking at:
    Toyota 4runner (tho i would really prefer the early ninties pickup...like cpmikes)
    Nissan Pathfinder
    Pretty much any early 90s subaru
    Chevy Blazer/Jimmy
    Chevy S10

I just need something to last the winter.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Originally posted by King James View Post
    Things Ive been looking at:
    Toyota 4runner (tho i would really prefer the early ninties pickup...like cpmikes)
    Nissan Pathfinder
    Pretty much any early 90s subaru
    Chevy Blazer/Jimmy
    Chevy S10

I just need something to last the winter.
    I don't know if you're going to be able to get any of those (outside the chevy's) for 1k and not have to sink money into it.....I owned a 5 speed 1990 4Runner (sick truck, a lot of fun) that I bought for $800, but I dropped another $1200 just to get it road worthy. I would def'ly recommend a 4Runner, but parts on trucks are more expensive in my experience.

A Blazer wouldn't be half bad, but they get wretched gas mileage and the heater cores are always breaking down in those era GMs. Not nice to have no heat in the winter beater.

I think the 4Runner is the best choice for a winter truck, but they aren't cheap to buy and they aren't cheap to fix, if you were willing to spend a little bit more then I think you could find one.
    1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

The one I was gonna buy I was gonna get for 1K....the only thing wrong with it was it had rust on the quarter panels....other than that everything was good to go (had my mechanic check it out).....I know itll be tough to find some of those things in good condition for cheap.....but im not limited to just those options.....thanks for the help tho

Comment

1500 for my h22 accord coupe
        My Ride...

Comment

No longer looking......bought a 1991 Audi 100 Quattro for 500 bucks.....I was gonna just go the winter with no car to save on money and pay bills.....but I found this audi and it was a deal I couldnt pass up.....fuck paying off debt haha
          Last edited by King James; 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

5speed? thoes audi's pretty classy, did you get reccaro's seats with yours I remember one of my audi's had them.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
            4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
            yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
            1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
            1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

yep 5 speed.....mine isnt classy at all at the moment haha.....its in good shape....underneath years of crap and dirt.....and nope no recaros.....but the front seats are amazingly comfortable considering its age.

Comment

Working...
              X